CaptainJackSparrow

Weekend ASM2 thread: 92M

Nice to see those Sony spin doctors still working overtime for Deadline

Yeah, CA2 had that prime release date unlike poor Spider-man dealing with the first week of May...

Nice to see those Sony spin doctors still working overtime for Deadline

Yeah, CA2 had that prime release date unlike poor Spider-man dealing with the first week of May...

Nikki just the opposite.

Box Office Analysis: 'Amazing Spider-Man 2' opening good but not gargantuan. Meh reviews, story leaks, fanboy criticism won't help.

• Like 4

Nice to see those Sony spin doctors still working overtime for Deadline Yeah, CA2 had that prime release date unlike poor Spider-man dealing with the first week of May...

Also, don't forget the superb Avengers Effect, the supposedly main reason for Cap's success, that got brought up only after it has opened well.

Also, don't forget the superb Avengers Effect, the supposedly main reason for Cap's success, that got brought up only after it has opened well.

Avengers effect?Meh. Thor 2 is more than proof that it ain't just that...
  • Like 2

Thankfully Spidey got none of that Avengers Effect. :P

I think it is obvious by now that CA2 being released earlier stole all the hype from ASM2. Cap getting so much better reviews certainly didn't help! :lol:

I think...that's backwards.CA2 being fucking awesome...and TASM2 not being as much...is why we are where we are.It shows only on thing...seasonality only means so much.
  • Like 2

I got breathalysed for the first time in ages on the way to see Bad Neighbours. I passed. The movie is hilarious.

How was Zac Efron?

You didn't before today? ;)

Not really. But she was very believable.The rest of the cast completely sucked ass because of the awful script.

Dragon, where my Yank Tix? :P

Fuck them aholes I had to stay late at the stadium because of them and they lost too

Mom's Night Out opens next week

lmao really my bad Edited by Dragon

A 35M Friday is really good IMO. That is a 26.2M actual Friday number. With the family audience coming in to watch it tomorrow a 30% increase should be possible, putting it at 8.7+26.2+34+24 = 93M. If there is a bigger Saturday bump, then 95 becomes a possibility again.

A 35M Friday is really good IMO. That is a 26.2M actual Friday number. With the family audience coming in to watch it tomorrow a 30% increase should be possible, putting it at 8.7+26.2+34+24 = 93M. If there is a bigger Saturday bump, then 95 becomes a possibility again.

Since when is a mid 90's OW for  a Spidey film really good? Don't get me wrong, that's what I expected all along, but that's in no way good given the multi it will likely have.

• Like 2

It'll finish with less than 35.  I turst in RTH.  Bet it being closer to 34.

• Like 2