CaptainJackSparrow

Weekend ASM2 thread: 92M

SM3 is pretty entertaining too...laugh riot (for all the wrong reasons of course).

I don't find SM3 all that funny to laugh at I'm afraid. The Venom/Sandman randomly meeting in New York and teaming-up is kind of funny but other than that...

• Like 2

The whirlpool climax from At World's End is STILL going on.

That scene is just...urgh. It's decent taken on its own, but the movie spends over 2 hours building up the Pirate Lords and this great gathering of ships... all for the final battle to be between two ships. And then all the British vessels just leave! So much of the movie is utterly pointless because of it.

• Like 1

Current running times for blockbusters are the strangest thing. For something like LotR it makes sense, but why are so many 2.5-3 hours now? It costs more to make and it means less showings per day. Perhaps studios mistakenly believe that long movies make people think they got their money's worth.

Edited by Hatebox
  • Like 1

Well, it was filmed back to back, and the cliffhanger from POTC2 led directly into POTC3. It is just that apart from the cliffhanger, there was nothing good about POTC2 - audience apathy caused the fall a lot more than the close release. The same issue as Reloaded and Revolutions.

oy hay!

Posted Image

Current running times for blockbusters are the strangest thing. For something like LotR it makes sense, but why are so many 2.5-3 hours now? It costs more to make, it means less showings per day. Perhaps studios mistakenly believe that long movies make people think they got their money's worth.

They gotta get Halba interested somehow.

• Like 2

ASM told the same story as Spider-man 1. ...but it was like CITIZEN KANE bad. Just a really stupid, terrible, horrible, no good, very bad film. :)

• Like 2

Well, it was filmed back to back, and the cliffhanger from POTC2 led directly into POTC3. It is just that apart from the cliffhanger, there was nothing good about POTC2 - audience apathy caused the fall a lot more than the close release. The same issue as Reloaded and Revolutions.

Potc 2 was clearly well liked. Had a 3 multiplier and was gigantic on DVD. I blame AWE box office on AWE itself. A boring movie al the way until the final 30 minutes
  • Like 1

That scene is just...urgh. It's decent taken on its own, but the movie spends over 2 hours building up the Pirate Lords and this great gathering of ships... all for the final battle to be between two ships. And then all the British vessels just leave! So much of the movie is utterly pointless because of it.

And the wedding right in the middle of it...LMAO. I still don't know what the fuck the giant crab lady was all about, haha.

• Like 1

Potc 2 was clearly well liked. Had a 3 multiplier and was gigantic on DVD. I blame AWE box office on AWE itself. A boring movie al the way until the final 30 minutes

yeah multiplier of 3.12

had a 2nd weekend drop of 54% despite summer weekdays (dropped <50% monday).

Current running times for blockbusters are the strangest thing. For something like LotR it makes sense, but why are so many 2.5-3 hours now? It costs more to make and it means less showings per day. Perhaps studios mistakenly believe that long movies make people think they got their money's worth.

Yeah, I don't get it either. That's part of the reason I enjoy Quantum of Solace a lot more than most people. It's easy to pop it in the Blu-ray player and it goes by really fast. Same thing with the Bourne movies.

• Like 1

Ocean's Thirteen was pretty good too.

It kinda felt like, after twelve got a bunch of shit flung at it, they tried to make it way more like the first one as much as possible instead of trying something different. it is fun though.

• Like 4