CaptainJackSparrow

Weekend ASM2 thread: 92M

Even Im3 dropped 58% after a bigger opening. Over 60 just seems harsh for ASM. Especially with no family competition

WOM is more mixed than IM3 or Thor 2 based on Cinemascore and flixster ratings. That's a much bigger drag than a huge opening. 

I wouldn't discount Neighbors stealing some of the male audience. And I wish I could argue that Oz will steal families, but holy shit does that look like some Disney channel budget nonsense. I would not be surprised if it opened below Hoodwinked 2.

Edited by Biggestgeekever
  • Like 1

We pretty much knew the plot of TA before it came out I can probably predict pretty accurately the main plot of AOU and BVS does that means they are shit too

No I mean, we literally know the plot. 

WOM is more mixed than IM3 or Thor 2 based on Cinemascore and flixster ratings. That's a much bigger drag than a huge openings. I wouldn't discount Neighbors stealing some of the male audience. And I wish I could argue that Oz will steal families, but holy shit does that look like some Disney channel budget nonsense. I would not be surprised if it opened below Hoodwinked 2.

No I don't think it looks even that level
  • Like 3

Boring and expected number for TASM on the way to a boring and expected 210-220m finish. God that movie is just yawn inducing all around.

Noah's gonna have to work for that 100m looks like. Ending up with a pretty abysmal 2.2x multi.

Edited by MovieMan89
  • Like 3

Boring and expected number for TASM on the way to a boring and expected 210-220m finish. God that movie is just yawn inducing all around. Noah's gonna have to work for that 100m looks like. Ending up with a pretty abysmal 2.3x multi.

225-235M is more like it........... It's not going to have the same legs as IM3. That movie almost doubled OW of this.