CaptainJackSparrow

Weekend ASM2 thread: 92M

Not midnights, but 7,8, 9 and 10s. 8 is early enough, granted, but nine and ten is still late if you have to get up early the next morning. You won't get home till 1.

I will say that 7pms wreak havoc with total nerds who dress up in costume for openings. Last night a guy came dressed in a TASM Spidey suit and it was a rather ugly affair at 7pm when it may have passed muster at midnight.  ;)

(And no, that guy was not me.)

Edited by Accursed Arachnid!™
  • Like 4

Anyway, as has been said hundreds, maybe thousands of times on here, previews and midnights can only be used to gauge a film's general anticipation level, not its specific anticipation level.

All that can be said is 8.7m is in line with past 1st week of May SH blockbusters.

Patience. I think 100m is still well within reasonable expectations.   ;)

100 mill?  

100 mill's dead, AA.

100 mill's dead.

Posted Image

• Like 5

Nikki projecting a 28m Friday will do that, followed by a revision to 38 claiming she pressed "2" by accident.

If it does a 38M Friday, with the 8.7, that's still less than Cap.  :)

• Like 1

I know one thing, its exam season in college. Alot of students couldnt go yesterday if they tried. I dont do Thursdays, bit if I did, i still wouldnt have been able to go, i had an 8am exam this morning so i studied all day and night yesterday, and some people have some tomorrow. But Friday night and Saturday will give people a break from study time to go out and see the movie if they want. Plus work and school the next day. Still not putting too much stock into the midnights yet. Ill wait for estimates tonight.

• Like 1

Let's be generous and say it does 90 mill.

Let's also be generous and say it has a 2.45X.

That's 220 mill.

Posted Image

• Like 3

I managed to get a hold of the Film Theory class' prediction for TASM2. Not that impressive. 78M

That might be really close.