CaptainJackSparrow

Weekend ASM2 thread: 92M

I will say that 7pms wreak havoc with total nerds who dress up in costume for openings. Last night a guy came dressed in a TASM Spidey suit and it was a rather ugly affair at 7pm when it may have passed muster at midnight.  ;)

(And no, that guy was not me.)

So you saw the movie. What did you think?

Spiderman fucking the BSG in the ass already. It's barely noon on the first day.

Spiderman to baumer: "This what happens when you meet a stranger in the Alps!"

Edited by Numbers of House Stark
  • Like 2

It feels awesome knowing that I just created the thread that will likely get many users banned, hundreds of gifs and tons of arguments.

Don't kid yourself. This ain't SHH.

I know one thing, its exam season in college. Alot of students couldnt go yesterday if they tried. I dont do Thursdays, bit if I did, i still wouldnt have been able to go, i had an 8am exam this morning so i studied all day and night yesterday, and some people have some tomorrow. But Friday night and Saturday will give people a break from study time to go out and see the movie if they want. Plus work and school the next day. Still not putting too much stock into the midnights yet. Ill wait for estimates tonight.

Exam season is not an excuse when a previous Spidey movie opened on the same weekend in 2007 to the equivalent of $175m in 2014 dollars. FWIW,  I was a college student at the time and regrettably skipped out on some valuable study time to go see it. Ended up bombing my college final and made a C in the class. Hands down the biggest regret of my college career and at least part of the reason I hate SM3 so much.

• Like 7

I hate it when they use stuff like spring break too justify why Captain America opened higher at midnight. If people want to see this movie they will run out and see it. 10 years ago Revenge of the Sith did way more at midnight and that had school in play as well. This spring break thing is an excuse it makes no sense

Especially when there was no uniform spring break schedule. Everybody was not off school or work at the same time.

• Like 1

I will say that you can say what you want about Webb's version but you have to at least admit the origins of all of the enhanced people coming from Oscorp is a hell of a lot better than a random meteor.  ;)

Posted Image

• Like 3

Exam season is not an excuse when a previous Spidey movie opened on the same weekend in 2007 to the equivalent of $175m in 2014 dollars. FWIW, I was a college student at the time and regrettably skipped out on some valuable study time to go see it. Ended up bombing my college final and made a C in the class. Hands down the biggest regret of my college career and at least part of the reason I hate SM3 so much.

You cant expect this series to be pulling those numbers, even if this was a critical success. And TASM2 is no where near SM3's hype level. Spiderman may never get to $400M again and he most definitely wont reach those Raimi adjusted totals. For this version I dont see a problem with the numbers. I dont like comparing them because IMO its not a complete apples to apples comparison. I wasnt making an excuse, just saying thats another possibility why its coming in lower than Cap. Sorry about the final though lol, I know how that feels. Who invented GPA? Edited by Jandrew
  • Like 1

I wonder if Spider-Man 4 was made if we would be in this shit.

Yep, since that would have been the last Spidey movie for at least twenty years. It would have ruined the franchise completely. 

• Like 1