lilmac

Saban's Power Rangers | March 24, 2017 | Teaser Trailer on Page 47

Yeah, I was gonna say, Spandex works just fine in today's movies. 

Anyway I'm iffy on the designs myself. The're a bit too modernized and "cooled" up for my overall tastes. 

Edited by Daniel Dylan Davis

Yeah, the rumored budget is $120 million, so unless they're going to be dangerously sparing in their use of the suits (like, enough to piss off the audience), there's probably going to be practical suits involved most of the time.

Plus, one of the actors mentioned having to fly to New Zealand for suit fittings by WETA. They wouldn't do that for a fully CGI costume.

Edited by johnboy3434

18 hours ago, JennaJ said:

LOL. So bad. Everything about this is so bad.

it's power rangers it's supposed to be bad lmao

They 100% nailed the "stupid modern reimagining of some 90s trash" look imo

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, alisson23 said:

Do you prefer this:
 maxresdefault.jpg

To this:

prangers.jpg 

?

LOOOOL. These costumes aren't bad how people do them look like. But I agree they could be a lot better.

To be honest... yeah, I prefer the former. They're simple and maybe even a little cheesy, but they work.

The new ones are ridiculously overdesigned and trying so hard to look darker and edgier that they inadvertently look much much sillier. Plus they look like almost every bland humanoid robot from crappy sci-fi in the past 10 years, just with brighter colours.

38 minutes ago, rukaio101 said:

To be honest... yeah, I prefer the former. They're simple and maybe even a little cheesy, but they work.

The new ones are ridiculously overdesigned and trying so hard to look darker and edgier that they inadvertently look much much sillier. Plus they look like almost every bland humanoid robot from crappy sci-fi in the past 10 years, just with brighter colours.

A transformation like these:

Image-13.gif 

tumblr_m89kbaQndi1r602cvo1_500.gif 

Looks a lot better with a bland humanoid robot. I think original costumes too silly and embarrassing.

Edited by alisson23

2 hours ago, rukaio101 said:

And the funny thing is, a representative of Saban Brands visited the set and specifically reassured fans that the film was not going to be dark and gritty. So, we've got dark-and-gritty suits in a movie that's not dark-and-gritty. Maybe it's some sort of postmodern parody?

19 hours ago, SpiderByte said:

Black-Panther-Vision-Civil-War.jpg

Batman-V-Superman-Batman-Costume-Header.

Those suits aren't cheap, cheesy looking spandex outfits like they wore in the 90s tv show. That's what I meant. 

Even Superman doesn't wear the same basic blue and red undies spandex suit anymore.

Its all some form of leather or body armor or IM type of metallic power suit.