lilmac

Saban's Power Rangers | March 24, 2017 | Teaser Trailer on Page 47

Filming is nearly finished, according to David Denman on Twitter, which was also retweeted by the Power Rangers movie's official Twitter account.  While another movie coming out a week before Power Rangers has a teaser trailer out already, the Power Rangers movie is still out filming now.

10 minutes ago, Outrageous! said:

Filming is nearly finished, according to David Denman on Twitter, which was also retweeted by the Power Rangers movie's official Twitter account.  While another movie coming out a week before Power Rangers has a teaser trailer out already, the Power Rangers movie is still out filming now.

There is no hard and fast rule on when a movie should film. The Clint Eastwood movie Sully hasn't wrapped filming yet and it releases in September. Similarly, promotional plans differ by studio as well.

Talk about putting the cart before the horse. From Variety, Jon Feltheimer said Lionsgate could make seven Power Rangers movies.  Does anyone remember Jurassic World last year?  Universal didn't announce a sequel until after it had proven itself at the box office.  And the way the article reads "five or six or seven" reminds me of the way Lebron James said "not four, not five" when he was with the Miami Heat.  I know Lionsgate wants to sound confident about their movie lineup, but 2015 Fantastic Four had a sequel announced before it flopped, so I worry they are repeating what their rivals in the industry have done.

Edited by Outrageous!

13 minutes ago, Outrageous! said:

Talk about putting the cart before the horse. From Variety, Jon Feltheimer said Lionsgate could make seven Power Rangers movies.  Does anyone remember Jurassic World last year?  Universal didn't announce a sequel until after it had proven itself at the box office.  And the way the article reads "five or six or seven" reminds me of the way Lebron James said "not four, not five" when he was with the Miami Heat.  I know Lionsgate wants to sound confident about their movie lineup, but 2015 Fantastic Four had a sequel announced before it flopped, so I worry they are repeating what their rivals in the industry have done.

The problem is Lionsgate answers more to investors/shareholders than other studios, as the studio itself is essentially the publicly traded company as opposed to subsidiaries/daughter companies of conglomerates like TimeWarner etc. Hence a lot of the hyperbole from their part.

Aside from the R rating and how it's an original IP, John Wick IMO has far far more potential to be a good franchise for them than PR.

Edited by antovolk
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, CJohn said:

Seven sequels? Lmao. Maybe, just maybe, it does enough to justify one more sequel before it sinks. 

Maybe I'm biased, because I'm a long-time fan, but I honestly think that if they hit it out of the park with the first film, they can carry it for several more sequels. If the response is middling, then yeah, we're probably looking at a two-shot.

Edited by johnboy3434

It's time to get real.

This shit ain't going nowhere. I remember back in school kids became too old for the show, it was like when everyone transitioned from Playhouse Disney to Disney Channel. The franchise became stale to people over the age of 7.  The franchise seems to have coasted due to the fact its dirt-cheap to produce, to this very day half of an episode is lifted from a previously shot Japanese version. The thing just isnt held in high regard especially compared to other action based childrens franchises.

I refuse to believe this movie can generate enough interest from anyone over the age of 12 to warrant 7 sequels. Its fucking insane.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, AJG said:

I refuse to believe this movie can generate enough interest from anyone over the age of 12 to warrant 7 sequels. Its fucking insane.

Transformers appealed to the exact same age group. That was then. This is now.

Seven sequels is ridiculous, but the idea that this can be successful is perfectly within the realm of plausibility.

Edited by johnboy3434