lilmac

Saban's Power Rangers | March 24, 2017 | Teaser Trailer on Page 47

The qualities of both the film and the toys are continually consistent with each other. A piece of gold-plated turd. If it were not the ugliest toy I have ever seen...

https://www.reddit.com/r/powerrangers/comments/5j5gy8/toys_r_us_commercial_for_interactive_megazord/

Edited by WeneedtotalkaboutKevin
add link
  • Like 2

30 minutes ago, WeneedtotalkaboutKevin said:

The qualities of both the film and the toys are continually consistent with each other. A piece of gold-plated turd. If it were not the ugliest toy I have ever seen...

https://www.reddit.com/r/powerrangers/comments/5j5gy8/toys_r_us_commercial_for_interactive_megazord/

And the movie itself is 3 months from release, and yet, outside of that teaser trailer in October, there has not been much released by Lionsgate.  Some of the zords are obscured in a poster, and there are some "Repulsa takes over" event tweets, but for a movie that should be increasing its hype right now, the official Twitter account for the movie is barren.

• Like 3

The movie is just 3 months away. I'm surprised there wasn't a proper trailer released to time with the release of Rogue One. The marketing has been iffy at best so far and the first teaser didn't even show off the Power Ranger suits. Really strange marketing choices to date, especially for a movie which Lionsgate hopes will be their lynchpin for the next few years.

Another reveal via a toy release, from a Rangerboard post, with a twist this time.  There is now a pack of Ranger figures, that have apparently been painted with metallic colors (helping them more closely resemble the movie costumes), on sale at Target. But there is an additional figure: Goldar, and his figure appears to have the outline of his MMPR self, although he is still entirely gold.

1 hour ago, grim22 said:

The movie is just 3 months away. I'm surprised there wasn't a proper trailer released to time with the release of Rogue One. The marketing has been iffy at best so far and the first teaser didn't even show off the Power Ranger suits. Really strange marketing choices to date, especially for a movie which Lionsgate hopes will be their lynchpin for the next few years.

Here is an interesting theory I read about Bandai and Lionsgate on Rangerboard.  The more I think about it, the more I can believe that the toy company that has kept Power Rangers afloat for decades would want to promote their upcoming movie toys, regardless of what Lionsgate thinks they need to do for promotion at this point.

Edited by Outrageous!

2 hours ago, grim22 said:

I doubt they still think this can be their lynchpin but it's pretty weird that they aren't marketing it. 90s nostalgia's gotta mean something, right?

2 hours ago, Arlborn said:

Please don't be as boring as f4ntastic was. That's pretty much all I ask of this. Embrace the damn campy, have some cheesy fun with it, come on, is that too much to ask for? I just want a 2 hours fun-and-forgettable nostalgia trip.

it's better than that, but that's not saying much.

23 hours ago, grim22 said:

It reminds me of how they mishandled the marketing for Dredd, except the tracking for this is better (granted, Dredd was aimed at South Africa and the UK) and Dredd had a full trailer out three months prior to its release.

I seriously don't think it'll be the marketing that breaks this movie's box office dreams. It'll be the overall quality of the film, and audience whims.

Added:

Actually, I might be wrong. "New" international trailer. It took them two months to pop this out, with only three months left? No new footage? The numbers for this are probably going to be bad.

Edited by NoobSaibot

this is sad bc the marketing is making everyone forget about this movie nd the people who do know about the movie think its a joke nd honestly i just want it to make money bc it looks nice and it has cute cast members in it and it was part of my childhood......... this whole ass thing screams mess, why don't studios know how to fucking market films anymore

tumblr_inline_ogrjs3NneW1r1vg2t_500.gif

• Like 1

3 hours ago, NoobSaibot said:

It reminds me of how they mishandled the marketing for Dredd, except the tracking for this is better (granted, Dredd was aimed at South Africa and the UK) and Dredd had a full trailer out three months prior to its release.

I seriously don't think it'll be the marketing that breaks this movie's box office dreams. It'll be the overall quality of the film, and audience whims.

Added:

Actually, I might be wrong. "New" international trailer. It took them two months to pop this out, with only three months left? No new footage? The numbers for this are probably going to be bad.

Even the loathed Jem and the Holograms movie had a full trailer 5 months out from release, and a second one 2 months out, and that cost $5 million to make.  With a budget said to range from $120 to $150 million, what is Lionsgate's reason for not releasing something new beyond that teaser trailer from October?  I won't be surprised if that teaser trailer was meant to avoid a Fant4stic or Jem level instant negative reaction, but if the movie is going to be terrible, then its run past its opening weekend will see very steep drops.

12 hours ago, marveldcfox said:

Should move to August to stand a chance. 

Power Rangers fans who follow the TV show would gripe that would mean two exceptionally long waits: for new episodes of the TV show, and for the movie itself throughout the spring and summer.  Nickelodeon's annual hiatus of Power Rangers episodes usually starts at episode 8.  They are starting to air Ninja Steel early, on January 21, likely because of the movie's release date of March 24.  And even if they chose to delay the movie's release, would Lionsgate really be willing to spend even more money to improve the special effects at this point?  For some reason, Lionsgate decided not to step up promotional efforts for Power Rangers as some big movies released in November and December, and January is well-known for its usually awful movie releases, and low attendance.