lilmac

Saban's Power Rangers | March 24, 2017 | Teaser Trailer on Page 47

12 hours ago, Sam said:

That's much better. Looks more like it embraced the campiness and fun nature of Power Rangers. 

Hammy Elizabeth Banks too. 

You can't have proper PR without that. It has to be cheesy, campy and hammy. That's the whole point and part of its appeal. :)

...Looks better than I was expecting.

Although, I'd bet good money that in the movie proper they're not going to get into the actual Ranger suits until like an hour in.

• Like 2

As someone who despises the Power Rangers, I have to say that the second trailer was surprisingly okay. It wasn't great, but it didn't make me want to throw a shoe at my tv like the terrible show did. And the humor was mostly intentional, which is always a plus where cheese like this is concerned. 

13 hours ago, bcf26 said:

Yeah, I think I'm the only one who likes the first trailer more than the last one. 

7 hours ago, Alli said:

12M views in 1 day!  Proof that youtube views mean nothing. I can't see this movie being a success

Kermit the Frog once said to Jason Segel on Saturday Night Live, "When people go to a Muppet movie, they say, 'Gee! I can't wait to see the human!'" meaning of course, people pay for a Muppet movie to see the Muppets.

When people go to a Power Rangers movie, I'm sure they are expecting to see the Power Rangers more than anything, that Bandai makes action figures for, not the other stuff.  That's why the second trailer has so many views, because Lionsgate waited so long to show the actual Power Rangers in action. In the 1995 movie, the Rangers were morphing about 20 minutes into the film, since that movie had the Rangers with existing powers to start off with.  Here, I won't be surprised if it takes 70 minutes to get to the first morph.

And so far, from both trailers, I have not been impressed.  I feel I've seen better stories told in the TV show over the years, across its seasons, yet there are many who say, "Mighty Morphin is the only Power Rangers," without even considering the other seasons that have been produced over the last 20 years, so to them it feels different from the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers they have known.

3 hours ago, Outrageous! said:

And so far, from both trailers, I have not been impressed.  I feel I've seen better stories told in the TV show over the years, across its seasons, yet there are many who say, "Mighty Morphin is the only Power Rangers," without even considering the other seasons that have been produced over the last 20 years, so to them it feels different from the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers they have known.