lilmac

Saban's Power Rangers | March 24, 2017 | Teaser Trailer on Page 47

2 minutes ago, Gokira2012 said:

$74,000,000 opening weekend

$280,000,000 domestic 

$616,000,000 worldwide 

:winomg:

TMNT surely is the roof for this? And that's only if all stars align which I don't think they will because well, it's Lionsgate.

You guys are being crazy.

Just now, Arlborn said:

TMNT surely is the roof for this? And that's only if all stars align which I don't think they will because well, it's Lionsgate.

280 is way too much but I think it has potential to make as much as TMNT I'm predicting like 160 though. 

1 minute ago, ban1o said:

Honestly if this can manage to get decent reviews, Like over 50% i can see it making around TMNT. But idk it'll probably get like 10% or something. 

TMNT only got 22%

If this actually gets positive reviews, then it could match TMNT, or at least get like 175m or so. Both are my best case scenarios though

8 minutes ago, Arlborn said:

This was the same guy who predicted a 3.8x multiple for Doctor Strange.

15 minutes ago, Arlborn said:

They're both movies that can play to nostalgia, since they were active kid's properties in the 90s.

It doesn't even need good reviews (certainly won't hurt though). TMNT got 191m with 22% RT

As long as it delivers what the second trailer promised and not what was showed in the first one (dreadful), I'll be rooting for it. 

Definitely been observing some very healthy increase in interests around me after the recent trailer, so I think it'll do well OW-wise at least.

Just now, The Futurist said:

I have a high tolerance with blockbusters but I am still doubting the tone of this movie :

serious or parody or somehwere in the middle  ?

:thinking:

They were obviously going for a very serious take with the first trailer but that got sorta mixed reactions so who knows if they changed something since.

1 minute ago, Arlborn said:

They were obviously going for a very serious take with the first trailer but that got sorta mixed reactions so who knows if they changed something since.

If people are gonna mock the movie either way, might as well make it self-aware and campy

A serious take wouldn't work for the franchise anyways

2 minutes ago, franfar said:

If people are gonna mock the movie either way, might as well make it self-aware and campy

A serious take wouldn't work for the franchise anyways

I agree actually, it should be very self-aware but that first trailer had a Chronicles vibe to it and that's a pretty serious trailer. This second trailer was much less serious though and it became more successful and I guess that's where they're going with the movie.

• Like 1