Olive

Weekend Numbers (May 9-11) Neighbors 51.1 ASM2 37.2

wait what, Spider-Man 3 made 58m second weekend. Obviously from a much bigger opening

No, Spider-Man 3 made 38M. Search your feelings.

• Like 4

Rth what sayeth ye?

He's probably at a Turkish bath-house right now.

He'll be by much much later.

So...

I hope you people all have Skype accounts because tonight is going to be the first official Skype Weekend Box Office Audio Chat hosted by #ED and me!

When is it? 8PM PST/10PM CST/11PM EST

How many people can fit? Technically 25!

What if this ruins the weekend thread? I have the full intention of still posting so I can whore some likes!

What will we talk about? My love life and Christopher Nolan. Maybe some numbers too.

What if I don't have a Skype account? It's very easy to create, you can download it or it's already integrated with your Windows 8 ready machine.

What if I don't have a Webcam/mic? Well....shit.

You and your clique is ruining box office! Sorry :(

Edited by MrPink
  • Like 4

I think that Friday is a projection based on the 1st Friday to 2nd Friday drops for similar titles and for some reason they're ignoring the film's actual weekday grosses.

I thought they were counting receipts.

So...

I hope you people all have Skype accounts because tonight is going to be the first official Skype Weekend Box Office Audio Chat hosted by #ED and me!

shit.

I hope ASM2 hits those numbers, but I'm slightly doubting it. 

I'm not slightly doubting, I'm strongly doubting. I don't think the people at the studios who leak these "projections" to the media really understand the box office as well as most of the posters on this site. If it actually manages a 230% increase, that would be incredible. But I strongly doubt it happens.

• Like 1

I'm not slightly doubting, I'm strongly doubting. I don't think the people at the studios who leak these "projections" to the media really understand the box office as well as most of the posters on this site. If it actually manages a 230% increase, that would be incredible. But I strongly doubt it happens.

the only reason it maybe likely is that it dropped like a deuce on thursday.

• Like 1

Another thing that's making me doubt is that Sony lies so fucking much. 

• Like 6

You do NOT NEED a WEBCAM. A Mic is good enough.

______

Are we back to making Summer numbers up? It seems like every year, Variety, THR, Deadline all just get numbers out of a hat.

So...

When is it? 8PM PST/10PM CST/11PM EST

How many people can fit? Technically 25!

What if this ruins the weekend thread? I have the full attention of still posting so I can whore some likes!

What will we talk about? My love life and Christopher Nolan. Maybe some numbers too.

What if I don't have a Skype account? It's very easy to create, you can download it or it's already integrated with your Windows 8 ready machine.

You and your clique is ruining box office! Sorry :(

Make it tomorrow evening at the same time and I'm in.

In May of 2004, Mean Girls jumped almost 500% on Friday.  I have no idea what was going on with the box office a decade ago.

http://boxofficemojo.com/movies/?page=daily&id=meangirls.htm

So this would be by far the biggest jump on a Friday, from a film that opened in the first weekend of May, since Mean Girls in 2004.

Edited by baumer
  • Like 1