Olive

Weekend Numbers (May 9-11) Neighbors 51.1 ASM2 37.2

I think Spidey will drop 55% against Godzilla (Same drop as Thor against PotC on the same weekend) and possibly another 50% against X-Men.

It does have two holiday weekends coming up that might soften the blow a little (next weekend is Victoria Day in Canada and then Memorial Day in the US the weekend after).

PRetty amazing how fast times have changed. Spider-man was king of all comic book franchises and was usually one of or the event film of the summer. Now it's getting out did by characters like Thor and Cap who were never as popular as Spidey.

Now if GOTG somehow breaks out and beat Spidey this year.......oh boy oh boy.

• Like 5

I'm still thinking there's no chance that happens, but Spidey sure isn't making it easy to hold to that.

I'm still thinking there's no chance that happens, but Spidey sure isn't making it easy to hold to that.

Lol I hear you. I also wonder how Sony will react if Spidey 3 fails too? If they end up losing money on it, then I think Marvels chances of get the rights back increases big time. I would love that. 

Imagine if Spidey is not only best by Godzilla and X Men, but by Neighbors also, meaning it would be in fourth place for this May!!

Neighbors would need Wedding Crashers, Ted, or The Hangover type of WOM for that to happen. Not getting that vibe as of now. 

COUPLE of months ago. That's like 2 months.

Didn't see "couple," my bad but point still stands.

Easy to say now. The over 35 mill club gained a lot of steam at the end, but over 40 wasn't predicted by most here.  

For sure and I am not one to regularly claim "I knew it" about box office, I just saw everything coming together and felt it would definitely open north of $40m. 

Edited by Clavius
  • Like 1

PRetty amazing how fast times have changed. Spider-man was king of all comic book franchises and was usually one of or the event film of the summer. Now it's getting out did by characters like Thor and Cap who were never as popular as Spidey. Now if GOTG somehow breaks out and beat Spidey this year.......oh boy oh boy.

That's what happens when you take a beloved character and rape his entire universe like these movies did .

PRetty amazing how fast times have changed. Spider-man was king of all comic book franchises and was usually one of or the event film of the summer. Now it's getting out did by characters like Thor and Cap who were never as popular as Spidey.

That's what happens when you try to make the next Batman and Robin.

• Like 1

After seeing Draft Day, there's one thing I want

Following the popularity of Ride Along, The Heat, and 21 Jump Street, give me a buddy-cop movie with Willem DeFoe and Denis Leary as twin brothers who are totally bonkers

• Like 1