A Marvel Fanboy

The Disney Thread | Happy 90th to Donald Duck!

26 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

Doesn't Woody leave the group in 4? I don't see a Toy Story film working as well with just Buzz or just Woody.

Bonnie's toys get lost, and then they bump into Woody, Bo Peep, Duke, and Ducky and Bunny while finding their way home, and they all go on a wacky adventure.

Or maybe the toys get sold off because Bonnie's a preteen and is way too into her iPad. The toys get left behind from the donation truck, then Woody and Bo and the gang discover them, and they go on an adventure where Buzz and Jessie and friends decide what is best for them and whether they should be free agents too.

Probably a little too contrived, but there's no way they won't have Woody and Buzz together and I think these are good basic plotlines to get them together.

• Like 2

Wait a second...

I'm kind of confused about the Disney animation sequel/franchise complaints. Aren't we actually due for sequels? 

Back in 2019 I remember Iger (or someone else from Disney, I don't know) saying that after Frozen 2 they were going to focus on original stories. Well, pretty much all the Pixar and WDAS's streaming and theatrical titles (the streaming titles were only such because of covid) since then have been original. 

Soul 

Raya and the Last Dragon

Luca 

Encanto 

Turning Red 

Strange World 

We've got Elemental and Elio coming. Lightyear and Wish are the exceptions, and they aren't even sequels. One is a spinoff and the other is a sort of celebration of all things Disney.

So yeah... I know we'd all ideally like more originals but I think it's fine that they're circling back to do some big sequels, especially if it's with the intent of rebuilding their theatrical audience.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Hades said:

Disney plus already bleeding subscribers....They better get used to it...They need more Disney plus Marvel shows. One for each month now

Its those cheap India subs. Its actually more to do with the loss of certain sports rights.

Edited by AJG
  • Like 3

8 hours ago, Verrows said:

Wait a second...

I'm kind of confused about the Disney animation sequel/franchise complaints. Aren't we actually due for sequels? 

Back in 2019 I remember Iger (or someone else from Disney, I don't know) saying that after Frozen 2 they were going to focus on original stories. Well, pretty much all the Pixar and WDAS's streaming and theatrical titles (the streaming titles were only such because of covid) since then have been original. 

Soul 

Raya and the Last Dragon

Luca 

Encanto 

Turning Red 

Strange World 

We've got Elemental and Elio coming. Lightyear and Wish are the exceptions, and they aren't even sequels. One is a spinoff and the other is a sort of celebration of all things Disney.

So yeah... I know we'd all ideally like more originals but I think it's fine that they're circling back to do some big sequels, especially if it's with the intent of rebuilding their theatrical audience.

It's a mulligan.

3 hours ago, AJG said:

I have absolutely never seen anyone put in so much effort trying to get their daughter some work.

It was just last year when I learned that the reason the Water Tribe in TLA were played by white people was because this guy got his daughter cast as Katara. 

• Astonished 2

3 minutes ago, AniNate said:

If TS5 isn't until 2026 it wouldn't represent much of a departure from Pixar's previously stated MO. I won't be pleased if it's the one 2025 release though.

I think it'll be 2026 as I can see that year being the one Disney wants to recapture 2019: Avatar 4, and Secret Wars. It and Frozen 3 are my guesses for animation 2026. The question is who's directing.