A Marvel Fanboy

The Disney Thread | Iger will be with us until 2026

The Walt Disney Company has confirmed they will be relocating approximately 2,000 jobs from California to a Lake Nona campus not far from Orlando. The move — which was first reported in January — is to take place over the next 18 months.

The Lake Nona campus will house Walt Disney Imagineers and more professionals in the Disney Parks, Experiences and Products division who are not fully dedicated to Disneyland. The 2,000 positions represent less than 5% of Disney’s total jobs in California. The size and specific site of the campus have not been confirmed.

Disney Confirms Lake Nona Campus, Relocating 2,000 Jobs - WDW News Today (wdwnt.com)

They won't abandon this because, unlike DeathSantis, Disney World is here to stay, so now that he's become the guy who actually tried to make an adversary out of the only reason anyone truly cares about this state, they'll just hurt him and his equally rotten pals where it really counts: their wallets, when they realize they aren't getting another cent from the corporation that has helped both political parties in this state all this time but did so in private (until now). If these fools were actually humans and not greedy, juvenile pigs they would return the money that was donated by King Mickey before the backlash since he hates them so much instead of keeping it to themselves.

33 minutes ago, iHeartJames said:

yeah cuz recent Netflix walkout over Dave Chapelle's comments worked like gangbusters 

I don't think anyone should expect this to bring Chapek down overnight. Rather, I think his tenure is going to end via death by a thousand cuts.

3 hours ago, JWR said:

Into Innovation: Iger also confided to Variety that he could “understand how difficult it is for companies operating in a traditional space to be innovative. Not only are you potentially disrupting your own business and the bottom line, but sometimes it takes you spending money, which comes off the bottom line.” Nonetheless, Iger has been praised for putting an increased priority in the streaming space.

Under Chapek, however, Disney has been slow to embrace new high-tech endeavors. It didn’t issue its first non-fungible token until last November and didn’t get around to putting someone in charge of its Metaverse initiatives until last month’s appointment of Mike White as senior vice president of next generation storytelling and consumer experience at Disney Media and Entertainment Distribution — three months after Chapek previewed the company’s focus on this realm during a quarterly earnings call.

Chapek dragging his feet on NFTs and the Metaverse?

Well, I suppose he isn't all bad then. :ph34r:

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, JWR said:

I don't think anyone should expect this to bring Chapek down overnight. Rather, I think his tenure is going to end via death by a thousand cuts.

His contract is up February 23, 2023.  That's less than a year away.  Disney choosing not to extend it is the easiest and cleanest way to be done with him.

• Like 2

On 3/13/2022 at 12:33 AM, filmlover said:

Disney Confirms Lake Nona Campus, Relocating 2,000 Jobs - WDW News Today (wdwnt.com)

They won't abandon this because, unlike DeathSantis, Disney World is here to stay, so now that he's become the guy who actually tried to make an adversary out of the only reason anyone truly cares about this state, they'll just hurt him and his equally rotten pals where it really counts: their wallets, when they realize they aren't getting another cent from the corporation that has helped both political parties in this state all this time but did so in private (until now). If these fools were actually humans and not greedy, juvenile pigs they would return the money that was donated by King Mickey before the backlash since he hates them so much instead of keeping it to themselves.

Newsoom should spend less time on twitter and more time trying to stop so many jobs leaving california.

2 of my cousins there had to either move or find news jobs due to so many firms leaving.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Torontofan said:

Newsoom should spend less time on twitter and more time trying to stop so many jobs leaving california.

2 of my cousins there had to either move or find news jobs due to so many firms leaving.

California has no shortage of jobs. Its already 5th biggest economy of entire world and 14.6% of overall US GDP. Florida is in a terrible situation for sure. Its lose lose for disney to ignore this situation. 

• Like 3

58 minutes ago, Torontofan said:

3d7.jpg

• Haha 2

A little late and hollow, but interesting that this is only (as of typing this) on the Marvel Studios Twitter and there isn’t a similar one from LucasFilm, Walt Disney Animation/Studios, NatGeo.  

Pixar obviously has already made its stance clear. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Cap said:

A little late and hollow, but interesting that this is only (as of typing this) on the Marvel Studios Twitter and there isn’t a similar one from LucasFilm, Walt Disney Animation/Studios, NatGeo.  

Disney Animation did. I believe they were the first one.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Cap said:

FWIW, high-ish profile LFL employees on Twitter have also been speaking out/RT'ing about this controversy.  Not nearly the same, but still something I noted in the background.

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, Porthos said:

FWIW, high-ish profile LFL employees on Twitter have also been speaking out/RT'ing about this controversy.  Not nearly the same, but still something I noted in the background.

Yep; Dana Terrace ("The Owl House") has been vocally against this decision on Twitter and raised money to support LGBTQ folks in Florida. Expected nothing less from someone with the first openly bi protag on a Disney show (That was cancelled months ago. Nothing to lose with The Mouse now).

• Like 3