A Marvel Fanboy

The Disney Thread | Iger will be with us until 2026

I've been arguing for ****YEARS**** that the sooner Disney/Lucasfilm gets over their obsession over December dates for SW and their obsession about One Film A Year (or  Every Two for that matter) the better.  

So I think these slate changes (which is almost certainly thanks to the WGA strike) is a VERY GOOD THING as it is a very welcome sign that they are no longer going to be a slave to the calendar and will release things when they are good and ready.

If that means a film in May or July or whenever?  GREAT!  Release it when it is done and not a month (or year for that matter) sooner.

(no, I haven't read the last three pages of this thread — why would I subject myself to that???)

((might scan it later tho :ph34r:))

• Like 1

Bambi as a 'live action' film does give Lion King vibes but Sarah Polley being involved could make it interesting. The original film is only 70 minutes long so how they'll make it work with a longer runtime will be a challenge. I think if it's 90-100 minutes then it would work.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, raegr said:

I think all the delays are great. I think the market is oversaturated right now and having the delays will give studios the opportunity to make better films 

not with the strike it wont, the only thing this will result in is pushing the oversaturation further back

sure sounds like MI8 is being pushed to 2025 because of the strike

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, interiorgatordecorator said:

not giving the may 2027 date to a star wars something is just bad manners

one of the new movies or a super wide re-release of a new hope

• Like 1

3 hours ago, SpiderByte said:

We can also assume from this that Disney's plan is no more than 3 Marvel movies a year. My guess is Spidey films will be a exception like No Way Home was.

My guess is Armor Wars and Spidey 4 slip into 2025.

Lines up with what some have said that their output goal would be 3 movies and 2 shows, at least for the movies, we will see about the shows. 

1 hour ago, thajdikt said:

Lines up with what some have said that their output goal would be 3 movies and 2 shows, at least for the movies, we will see about the shows. 

You can't assume anything from this. They are releasing 3 in 2024 because of writers strike & 2 in 2024 because they don't have much movies to release between Fantastic4 & Kang Dynasty as they can't release movies releasing after KD before the KD

11 hours ago, kayumanggi said:

BOM says the May 2026 STAR WARS is the Waititi one. 😶

Pretty sure that’s just Mojo shuffling around a placeholder they had. Waititi’s film wasn’t brought up at Celebration and the trades have been saying for a while that the Rey movie is supposed to be the first one out.

• Like 1

Right now I'm definitely more curious as to what the other two MCU films for 2025 are supposed to be. Spidey is probably one of them but Marvel has zero control over those dates, that's all Sony so they could place it literally wherever (though July seems like a good bet).

On 6/14/2023 at 1:52 AM, TwoMisfits said:

Wait a minute - they have Inside Out 2 and Mufasa only 3 weeks apart?  That, like Star Wars the same year, is another interesting choice...

The same thing in 2025. They have an UNTITLED PIXAR FILM and MOANA just 3 weeks apart.