CJohn

Kong: Skull Island | March 10, 2017 | Tom Hiddleston, Brie Larson, John Goodman | Crosses 500M WW

3 minutes ago, Morieris said:

Any knowledge as to what time this is dropping? Really hope it's not another "Stick around until 1130 PM!" situation. 

I don't think anyone cares at this point, we've pretty much seen enough of this movie at this point in time.

16 minutes ago, Cookson said:

Lol OK then... Plenty of people want to see the film. They're trying to pull in others.

No what I mean is that it isn't special this time around waiting for a 3rd trailer for a movie where we've seen ALOT in its previous 2 trailers already. Its not like we're waiting to see the trailer for the first time from the movie.

maybe, regardless of quality, people just don't care for Kong and Giant monsters that much? Godzilla and Jackson's Kong made good money but not as good as they were pegged to make. Perhaps it's just the genre's limit? Who wants to see it, sees it, but others will never be converted. 

Edited by Valonqar

Just now, Telemachos said:

Good Lord, the WB marketing team cuts some fun trailers. :rofl: 

yeah I like the new trailer.  Not sure the movie will be all that good, but I'll see it ;)   I have to support it to get my Godzilla 2 and Godzilla vs King Kong movies :P 

• Like 3

Oh my god that trailer is incredible. So fun and so well put together. If that doesn't get people into theaters I don't know what will.

Easily the best Kong promo so far. The action looks fun, the humor hits and by god does it look pretty. Bring on March 10th! (9th for me :D)

• Like 3

Not really a fan of this trailer. The previous one had a perfect mix of fun and lightheartedness with recognizable instances of seriousness.

The music didn't seem to fit what was going on. I'm probably being really picky right now, though. Maybe it'll grow on me.

This movie in Jurassic World slot in June would have done gangbusters being pimped out by that last trailer alone.

It's like WB marketing team is emphasizing extreme contrasts to Godzilla 14: overly serious and dour atmosphere vs colorful summer action romp, boring human characters cast vs colourful campy cast of character actors (Cranston should have cameoed in this), muted palette vs warm saturated palette, ominous tone vs swashbuckling adventure tone, classical soundtrack vs contemporary music infused soundtrack, Hand-held shots semi-documentary style and moody editing vs sweeping epic shots and rythmic editing etc.

Hopefully, this one does decent BO numbers just to see how that clash of old titans meshes and plays out aesthetically.

By the way, the director's beard looks more impressive than Kong.

Edited by dashrendar44
  • Like 2