CJohn

Kong: Skull Island | March 10, 2017 | Tom Hiddleston, Brie Larson, John Goodman | Crosses 500M WW

8 minutes ago, Gokira2012 said:

On Saturday Kong had 139 advanced screening, today Kong is having 229 free screenings, this thing is a bigger bomb than agent orange

At this point they should have just made a Netflix deal

You're trolling is just pathetic now. Tell me what are they going to do with all those Power Rangers sequels they talked about when that movie tanks?

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Gokira2012 said:

On Saturday Kong had 139 advanced screening, today Kong is having 229 free screenings, this thing is a bigger bomb than agent orange

At this point they should have just made a Netflix deal

lolwut.  You still haven't provided any evidence as to how this is a bad thing.  Every single thing WB has does leading up to the release of this shows they have clear confidence in the project's quality.  Power Rangers has done nothing.  I think they're not pleased with the admittedly low buzz levels and by doing this, WoM will probably spread like a wildfire if it's good and cause an increased OW.

3 minutes ago, TLK said:

Visually impressive ? They must have done a good job of hiding that in the trailers I guess.

You don't think the CGI looks good? I'm watching the trailers on a PC with a 1080 graphics card and they look pretty flawless. I'm usually one of the first to point out bad CGI too. This looks really expensive.

• Like 1

Just now, somebody85 said:

You don't think the CGI looks good? I'm watching the trailers on a PC with a 1080 graphics card and they look pretty flawless. I'm usually one of the first to point out bad CGI too. This looks really expensive.

I'm only using a GTX 1060 :(

Just now, somebody85 said:

Hahaha I don't have anything great or anything (probably outdated by todays standards). It's an ATI something but can handle 1080, that's all I meant.

Oh you meant 1080p not GTX 1080 graphics card?

Definitely think the new trailer has helped it. It has just about 3m views now on WBs YouTube page. Pretty impressive for a third trailer of a film people thought was lost.

Edited by Cookson

Here are my first impressions:

That was a ton of fun. Very enjoyable. Insane visuals. The landscape they used is just amazing. The cinematography is just great as well. The action itself is very easy to follow, and unlike cough cough Godzilla, you actually see the monsters (a lot more than I thought). Really liked the use of color.

How's the pacing? Perfect amount for an action movie. Never had 2 hours fly by so quickly. The fights lets just say escalated as each one happened. Kong himself was marvelous to see on big screen and is never overused or hidden. 

Human characters themselves? Hiddleston and Larson was good. Jackson was okay I guess, not really impressed by his character. Reilly was great. The movie has humor and one-liners to sort of relieve the tension after brutal fights. 

And yes, stay for post-credits scene. I honestly had no idea there was one till my friend was like "STAY IN YOUR SEAT" to me.

EPIC. Lets just say it set ups for a certain monster heh.

Probably one of my favorite giant monster movies if not the favorite. Highly recommend seeing this if you're a fan of the genre. Certainly an awesome way to kill time. I will definitely see this again as soon as possible. 

A-

Disclaimer. I'm biased and I love giant monster movies.

Edited by BoxOfficeZ
  • Like 35