baumer

Wknd Estimates: Godzilla - 93.2M

Now I am starting to think you're trolling us Tele. You're never this enthusiastic about modern movies, and this is the one you pick to finally let your fanboy flag fly? :wacko:  WHAAA?

No he's serious. But so what? 

• Like 3

Huh? There are a bunch of summer movies I love. Did you not see me flip out over PACIFIC RIM last year?Lemme guess: people who didn't like this are the same people who thought THE GREY sucked.

The Grey was awesome (well once most of the pointless characters died at least). I just honestly never see you flip out over anything modern. Seems like you're always B/B- guy.

I guess creature features are your soft spot. :P

Edited by MovieMan89
  • Like 1

I was going to post something around mid arvo PST, but I figured people probably commit hara-kari :)

GodZ sat 29-31 (it has improved from earlier), see how evening progresses

Well it did improve :)

Sat Godz 32.3,N 9.8,TASM@ 7.3,MDA 4.3,TOW 2.6,HIFR 1.8,CATWS 1.6

• Like 24

$95m looks high based on Rth's data.

Even if Sat went higher to 32m, it needs a very strong Sunday 38.525 + 32 + 24.475 (-23.5%)

Maybe NF is over-compensating for yesterday.

EDIT: So Sat did go higher to 32.3

Needs  24.175 (-25.15%) Sunday to get 95m.

Edited by a2k

The only thing keeping this movie from being an all time classic are the mostly flat characters. Even keeping everything else the same, Elizabeth Olsen and ATJ switching roles would've made it more interesting. Cranston was a bit goofy.My theater broke out in applause and cheers multiple times. Edwards played them like a fiddle. Just great stuff.Edit: better than MOS, IM3, CAP2, or SKYFALL. Your move, Ed.

That's pretty weak coming from you. I totally expected TDKR to be name dropped in there :ph34r: You're no fun.

Tele is totally trolling. Godzilla was fun but I couldn't see it being a classic any day of the week.Goddamn it the party is winding down

I'm not saying it's a classic, I'm saying the only thing that keeps it from being a classic are the flattish characters. Even that could've been mostly overcome if they had someone really charismatic in the lead, that's why I think Olsen would've done a better job.
  • Like 10

The only thing keeping this movie from being an all time classic are the mostly flat characters.

That and the fact that there is already an all-time classic Godzilla movie and it's miles better than this 2014 flick. Even with the exact same human character problems, they still could have drastically improved on this by not making Godzilla take a backseat to the other creatures for the first 90 minutes.

Edited by redfirebird2008
  • Like 1