baumer

Wknd Estimates: Godzilla - 93.2M

I just noticed Godzilla's cinematographer was Seamus McGarvey, the guy who did the Avengers cinematography. Clearly he was being held back by Whedon. Hopefully they do a much better job on TA2's cinematography.

I think TA2 has a different cinematographer. Same guy who did Guardians of the Galaxy apparently.

Out of context it was a good ad, but it was a hugely missed opportunity and very unintelligent to use that for a Super Bowl spot.

It was great in concept. I actually really like the spot, but after how poorly received the first trailer was, you'd think they'd come up with something better.

Thankfully, it seems like Disney's really turned around their marketing since then.

• Like 1

Oh shit man no, it was years ago. I remember reading the press release though and they said something like "the vision, worlds and effects will challenge AVATAR and the gross could too" or something like that.

Never smart to compare yourself to the top earner in any field even if it seems possible. Cameron will be smart enough not to proclaim outrageous grosses for Avatar 2.

I just noticed Godzilla's cinematographer was Seamus McGarvey, the guy who did the Avengers cinematography. Clearly he was being held back by Whedon. Hopefully they do a much better job on TA2's cinematography.

One of the writers is a writer for Expendables.  How do you write the brilliant Expendables and then come up with a dud like Godzilla?

• Like 1

Speaking of I Frankenstein, Fishnets is apparently trolling the IMDB boards since reviews for The Homesman have come out, and nobody's mentioning Miranda Otto (I can tell since she said shitto).

Never even knew she had an IMDB account.

Edited by Fancyarcher

Speaking of I Frankenstein, Fishnets is apparently trolling the IMDB boards since reviews for The Homesman have come out, and nobody's mentioning Miranda Otto (I can tell since she said shitto).

omg she's so sassy she's the queen guuuuuurl etc. 

Also, something I meant to mention last night... I did mention the forums on our date; specifically CAYOM and my Chuck Norris and Liam Neeson vs. franchise

I then called myself a nerd haha

• Like 3

Well regardless of who is doing it, Whedon needs to step his game in that regard. TA1 had a boring visual style even though the story and characters were fun.

What I always wanted to know is why Avengers had a 1.85:1 aspect ratio when everything else in MCU is pretty much 2.35:1...I think Age of Ultron is 1.85:1 too...I wonder if Whedon just prefers it for some reason...

I can't wait, seeing it in IMAX 3D at 1:45p and will finally be able to read all about the film.

Have fun. The IMAX 3D did nothing for me besides putting me death with the roar.
  • Like 1

I can't wait, seeing it in IMAX 3D at 1:45p and will finally be able to read all about the film.

Have fun. The IMAX 3D did nothing for me besides putting me death with the roar.