baumer

Wknd Estimates: Godzilla - 93.2M

So, where do you guys think Edge of Tomorrow is headed? Looks really interesting to me, and will hopefully be a fun time at the movies.

EoT I'm going to give a chance. 

• Like 1

So, where do you guys think Edge of Tomorrow is headed? Looks really interesting to me, and will hopefully be a fun time at the movies.

93m - 95m domestic total is my prediction right now.

Should do well overseas though.

Edited by Fancyarcher
  • Like 1

2nd largest IMAX screen in the world. I got fucked with a seat in the 3rd row. I'm going during my lunch.

That's a nice long lunch. Unless you are planning to just watch the last 20 minutes. :lol:

Are people here really that scared about going to the movies by themselves?  I have done that since I was a teenager.   I just like movies way to much to miss out on them I guess.

I know a guy who can't go to a coffee shop by himself or else he'll be embarrassed. 

• Like 2

Edge of Tomorrow and Jupiter Ascending are the reasons people are gonna be saying "well, at least they had Godzilla!" about warner brothers at the end of the summer.

So true.

Are they?  

probably. i see 'Edge of Tomorrow' at about $90mil and 'Jupiter' as low as $60mil. Decent for Edge of Tomorrow i suppose, awful for Jupiter but i could be dead wrong with that.

Edited by stuart360

Are people here really that scared about going to the movies by themselves?  I have done that since I was a teenager.   I just like movies way to much to miss out on them I guess.

Yeah, I don't get it either. I go to the movie to watch the movie, not hang out with other people. I was visiting my parents a number of months ago and I had a flight to catch in the evening. My dad wanted to go to a movie. I was reluctant to do so. My mom figured out that I wanted to spend time with THEM, not be in a dark movie theater watching a movie together. That is not my idea of quality time, especially when you know you have to leave soon.

• Like 6