Noctis

Potter - when will it get the recognition it deserves? FFS

Whenever I post, you usually reply negatively so yes you do hold a grudge.

Jessie, if Cedar doesn't want to be called an idiot, then don't call him an idiot. It's pretty simple. Just try to respect other posters. Thanks.

Jessie, if Cedar doesn't want to be called an idiot, then don't call him an idiot. It's pretty simple. Just try to respect other posters. Thanks.

He tells me to fuck off and suggests it will be a great idea for me to leave the forums due to my threads and your telling me I need to respect him? Lol. If he doesn't want to be called and idiot then he shouldn't act like one, simple :)

Potter will now go down as the biggest franchise in history with zero Oscar wins. Amazing.

The quantity of films in a franchise doesn't make it the biggest in history. Harry Potter wasn't nearly as successful across all demographics as the original Star Wars trilogy was. Star Wars is still the king right now, and Avatar might be up there with it in 5 years.Right now it goes:1. Star Wars OT.2. Lord of the Rings.3. Harry Potter.

Star Wars OT simply pales in comparison to LoTR and Potter overseas. Don't believe me, the admissions speak for themselves.Potter not nearly as successful as Star Wars across ALL demographics? Oh my God, who the fuck are you kidding right now? LMFAO. Troll! God, I missed you more than I thought! I love your anti-Potter raids because they're so full of bullshit! :D Please continue!

Oh look Noctis thinks Potter is more or just as mainstream as Star Wars and LotR, surprise!Each of the original Star Wars films about doubled each Potter film or more in ticket sales on the average. And your overseas argument is a joke Noctis and you know it. OS markets were much, MUCH smaller 30 years ago.Toodles!

Edited by Shpongle

Star Wars may have sold more tickets, but Potter has had a MUCH larger impact on the world. Maybe not in merchandise, but they will be remembered for being films with an emotional backdrop rather than just a 'groundbreaking' series. Because that's really the only reason SW became popular in the first place. Nothing more.The Star Wars films are entertainment; popcorn films. Potter, although some will never see it, is so much more in depth, character wise, which allows millions of people all around the world to relate to it in their daily lives. It's a story of friendship, trust and love. If you ask any teen nowadays, do you like SW, most will be like 'ewww noooo that's for geeks'. Most people don't see it as internet loonies do. It's just another popular fantasy series.

• Like 2

I'm sorry, I prefer Potter to Star Wars, but there is no denying that in pop culture, Star Wars is still not trumped by Potter, nor will it likely ever be. This in no way detracts from the fact that Potter is huge, huge, HUGE in pop culture, and perhaps worldwide or in some countries at the least (UK especially) Potter is the bigger gun and has a more prominent impact than Star Wars does, but not everywhere and as far as American culture is concerned, Star Wars is definitely more impactful than Harry Potter will probably ever be. It has had longevity and redefined sequels, and even though a lot of the Star Wars movies do suck (well the prequels, at least), it's still a loved saga. Potter has to be given more time to age and ripen before we can see how big it is and how long it will last as Star Wars has.But Potter is the event of this century and the biggest since Star Wars. I'd say cinematically it is second, at least domestically, only to Star Wars in terms of impact on pop culture.

He tells me to fuck off and suggests it will be a great idea for me to leave the forums due to my threads and your telling me I need to respect him? Lol. If he doesn't want to be called and idiot then he shouldn't act like one, simple :)

If you want to continue calling him an idiot, then your warn level will go up. Plain and simple. :)