Noctis

Potter - when will it get the recognition it deserves? FFS

well that was a totally undeserved win. I don't care what people say. Transformers 3 and Rise of the Apes both had superior FX to HP DH2

It's called a pity award, like in 2007 when The Golden compass won best visuals over AWE and Transformers lol. Apes won't get it, that company win too many visual awards and the Acadamy hate transformers more than Potter so they would never let them get the award either so expect the same to happen for the oscars. Potter will win out of pity because it has never won before.I still think this though, dragons in reign of fire were far cooler than the dragon in DH2 even though reign of fire was made 10 years ago on a considerably smaller budget.

Making Chris Evans look like a weedy gimp was some very impressive work.

It was impressive, but I don't think it was that hard to do, especially when you compare it to the work done in apes.After all I can make myself look fat just by using an app on my phone lol. Edited by Jessie

It was impressive, but I don't think it was that hard to do, especially when you compare it to the work done in apes.After all I can make myself look fat just by using an app on my phone lol.

Anything human is more difficult than apes, especially apes that aren't orang utans.

well that was a totally undeserved win. I don't care what people say. Transformers 3 and Rise of the Apes both had superior FX to HP DH2

I completely agree. For all its faults, Transformers atleast has great visuals. Rise of the Apes unquestionably had better visuals than Harry Potter... total no brainer. I'd actually even argue that a few scenes in Apes were even better than Avatar. If Apes loses the award its because WETA is too good and won too many times and will give it to another film out of pity. Edited by Shpongle
  • Like 1

I still think this though, dragons in reign of fire were far cooler than the dragon in DH2 even though reign of fire was made 10 years ago on a considerably smaller budget.

I actually just watched Reign of Fire a few days ago and I agree. The dragons were very impressive and had like LotR feel to them. I loved how they also used their wings as their front legs when they weren't flying. Hopefully Smaug in The Hobbit looks something like that.