Films

CAYOM Year 9 Discussion Thread

When will Feb and Mar close?

We said a couple of days after January shuts, so midnight on the 21st/22nd, probably. That said, I think Teen Titans is the only February release yet to be completed (assuming you're going to change it) so, if you manage to complete it in time, we could shut February today. If you can't though, we'll just shut Feb/Mar together on the 21st/22nd.

We said a couple of days after January shuts, so midnight on the 21st/22nd, probably. That said, I think Teen Titans is the only February release yet to be completed (assuming you're going to change it) so, if you manage to complete it in time, we could shut February today. If you can't though, we'll just shut Feb/Mar together on the 21st/22nd.

I have a migraine right now, so Titans will have to wait until tomorrow

• Like 1

My main issue with writing Mysteries 2 is I'm not sure how far I want to take the third act. I got everything planned out to the big setpiece that kicks off the final act of the film, but then I'm at a minor wall as to how far I want to delve into things or what I even want the beats of the act to be.

Edited by 4815162342

After some thought, I am going to delay Mysteries of the Beyond 2 to October (that Gravity slot). I'm stuck right now for most of the third act and I'd rather not kill myself trying to force it out today instead of starting to read films and get predictions done.

Part 1 will close tonight. Two films have not been posted in any regard (The Guardians and The Redbeast).

So March turns out to not be as deadly as originally planned. We need a strong March opener though now.

After some thought, I am going to delay Mysteries of the Beyond 2 to October (that Gravity slot). I'm stuck right now for most of the third act and I'd rather not kill myself trying to force it out today instead of starting to read films and get predictions done.

Part 1 will close tonight. Two films have not been posted in any regard (The Guardians and The Redbeast).

So March turns out to not be as deadly as originally planned. We need a strong March opener though now.

Could I ask you what months will be in Part 2/3/4? Could you include them in the first post of the main movie thread (Part 1) when you can? Thanks.

Could I ask you what months will be in Part 2/3/4? Could you include them in the first post of the main movie thread (Part 1) when you can? Thanks.

Quarter 2- April to June

Quarter 3- July to September

Quarter 4- October to December

As we get to each quarter, I will add the 3 months to the first page of the Part 1 thread.

• Like 1

Another reason why I am delaying Mysteries 2 is that the first half is definitely on the slow side, a lot of character and political buildup with a little mythology sprinkled in, but only one "action" piece. I had an idea for a second action piece in the first half, but haven't found a good way to work it in. The delay will help me figure that out.

But at least I worked in a good joke about Prometheus' "button pushing."

I was thinking about doing a Transcendence-style movie (man's conciousness gets uploaded into a computer), but rather I'd want it to be a philosophical drama with less action and more substance. So basically, actually making the movie good.

• Like 1