#ED

Sun#s pg 230...Wknd Est: DOFP: 91M, Godzilla - 31.4M, Blended - 14.2M , NB - 13.9M [NO SPOILERS]

comedies? there is only one comedy there. The other ones ares perfectly comparable, they target all the same demo, the blockbuster audience.

aren't they (superhero movies) all frontloaded?

did I say that?

'

absolutely not. Not to mention Some came out more than a decade ago.  How is Pearl Harbor comparable to X-Men? Indy 4 is definitely way more family oriented than X-Men and it opened on a Thursday and Star Wars 2 came out a week before.  DOFP is not having anything close to a soft drop next week, period. 

Edited by John Marston

Try finding a way for a live action human to talk underwater without it looking ridiculous. It can't be done

If Gravity can do what it did in space and make it look acceptable, then I believe a movie about Namor can be done and look just fine.

• Like 1

When the rumor about Efron meeting with Marvel hit, I didn't even consider Namor. I thought Universal fully had the rights to the character. If these rumors turn out to be true, I think the movie could work, even if I wish they had gone after Vinny Chase first.

Edited by Orestes

Which one will have the biggest drop next week: X-Men or Godzilla?  :ph34r:

X-Men would be my guess, as much as I don't want it to happen I wouldn't be shocked with 60%+ drop while the major bleeding of Godzilla hopefully is over

If Gravity can do what it did in space and make it look acceptable, then I believe a movie about Namor can be done and look just fine.

Gravity works because 99.9% of all humans have never actually been into space.Talking underwater won't work because 99.9 % of all humans have tried to do it. They've experienced it. They know how it looks, feels, and sounds. Edited by AJG

When the rumor about Efron meeting with Marvel hit, I didn't even consider Namor. I thought Universal fully had the rights to the character. If these rumors turn out to be true, I think the movie could work, even if I wish they had gone after Vinny Chase first.

Universal still has the rights last I heard. Don't get your hopes up.

Gravity works because 99.9% of all humans have never actually been into space.Talking underwater won't work because 99.9 % of all humans have tried to do it. They've experienced it. They know how it looks, feels, and sounds.

I have never been to an under water city either.

Edit: Also, it would work the same as a mermaid movie. I believe a live action mermaid movie can be made.

Edited by Walt Disney

Universal still has the rights last I heard. Don't get your hopes up.

More sites are confirming (whatever that means for a rumor) that the Namor rights are back at Marvel...I would be fine with this as I would love for the Atlanteans to be involved as well as Guardians in the fight for Earth's survival when Thanos comes in Avengers 3...

• Like 1

More sites are confirming (whatever that means for a rumor) that the Namor rights are back at Marvel...I would be fine with this as I would love for the Atlanteans to be involved as well as Guardians in the fight for Earth's survival when Thanos comes in Avengers 3...

Link? We had this discussion just a few weeks ago, and I was told that Universal still had the rights

Link? We had this discussion just a few weeks ago, and I was told that Universal still had the rights

This is new information. It's tough to tell what is real and what is rumor.

Edited by Walt Disney
  • Like 2

Again still not fully confirmed but more floating around now...

http://comicbook.com/blog/2014/05/25/namor-movie-rights-reportedly-back-at-marvel-studios/

https://uk.movies.yahoo.com/namor-movie-rights-back-marvel-065900075.html

http://wegotthiscovered.com/movies/marvel-universal-namor-rights/

• Like 1

Yeah not a great number, but I want to see the full OD numbers first before I make any predictions for the 3 day. 

Yes, I realize waiting to see numbers that actually mean something before making predictions is not the norm around here :P

75 Buddy , We have learned to all look beyond the madness of folks ignoring how bad

mother nature is affecting everything, lives and therefore the movie business.. Definitely say prayers,

35 dead and the number is expected to go way up, thousands without homes and destruction is crazy.

This is the real reason why  Xmen didnt post a 100+M OW in 3 days and why Godzilla didnt have at least

45-50+M 2nd weekend..

To Wit.. Lets the talks of Xmen missed it mark end, because if this happens to the NE , it will effect

any film.

As I suspected there is no way Xmen oR Godzilla would post those numbers  under normal circumstances.

TO WIT:

II hope this ends the madness that people arent coming out for the films, a whole lot of people 75 Buddy, Fancy oru warrior at arms, and all our friends are dealing with much more right now.. This may cause even Transformers to miss

a 100-140+M OW.

Wow:

REPORTS: Flooding Continues in Northeast US

http://www.accuweather.com/en/weather-news/live-violent-thunderstorms-tra-1/26203628

A movie can still be very successful and have a disappointing performance at the same time. I don't think anyone disputes that Godzilla is a huge success and has spawned a new franchise which is literally all that studios want these days  – but its weekend hold leaves something to be desired. 

• Like 4