#ED

Sun#s pg 230...Wknd Est: DOFP: 91M, Godzilla - 31.4M, Blended - 14.2M , NB - 13.9M [NO SPOILERS]

Godzilla's problems did not fall on the way Godzilla was introduced or handled. Honestly that was the best part. What held Godzilla back from being a great movie (instead of a mildly entertaining one) was the rather generic human story and ATJ's apparent miscast. 

• Like 3

"Withholding" the monsters isn't taunting. It's smart filmmaking and I wish more people did it these days.

This argument was so last week.Let's talk DOFP.
  • Like 3

not this again. Wanting non stop action is not the reason many people were disappointed with Godzilla

Speak for yourself. I saw plenty of "There wasn't enough action" comments. 

Hugh Jackman has been playing Wolverine for 14 years.  :o

It's funny because he has aged into what I think Wolverine would really look like.
  • Like 3

You've been a Godzilla hater from the very beginning.

absolutely not. Show me one post where I bashed the actual quality of the film before it came out. I may have talked about the box office prospects ( wasn't sure if it was really going to do well)  but never said the movie was going to suck. I thought the movie looked great. 

Edited by John Marston
  • Like 1

Yep agree, think atm raise the high end 38-42

Great. High end would lock first 100M OW of 2014. It really was a great movie and has done wonders for the X-Men franchise. It really resurrected the X-Men franchise like F5 for Fast and Furious. :D

Apocalypse could finally hit 300M+ for the franchise. :D

That's anticlimactic. Of course I would believe in Rth numbers more though.But why is a 37M OD a "may reach mid 90s"? That's around Cap number and that one did 95M. Wouldn't 37M lead to 95M or more with holiday weekend boost?

Expected Saturday drop is bigger

• Like 1

TDKR was so two years ago and people still talk about it here, your point? Let Godzilla have his time in the sun.

Don't compare TDKR to Godzilla.

Batman had more screen time than Godzilla. Ugh.

• Like 2

not this again. Wanting non stop action is not the reason many people were disappointed with Godzilla

most who did not love the movie have made it clear that the problem was not absence of action, but those parts with humans were boring because of a weak script and weak characterization.

whether the script and characters were weak enough to be boring is up for debate. some found it engaging, some did not. but not all who disliked it are saying that it should be all action. just that considering they did not find the non-action parts engaging, they wish the action had started sooner.

Great. High end would lock first 100M OW of 2014. It really was a great movie and has done wonders for the X-Men franchise. It really resurrected the X-Men franchise like F5 for Fast and Furious. :D

If they market it with 'end of a saga' angle and all it definitely will IMO

What does X-men DOFP and Fast and Furious have in common?

They both brought back the most popular cast members.

Edited by grey ghost
  • Like 3