Olive

Official Weekend Estimates: Maleficent - 70M, X-Men - 32.6M, A Million Ways - 17.1M, Godzilla - 12.2M

Matinee Numbers as of now:Maleficent - 2.64X-Men - 0.54A Million Ways to Die - 0.36Godzilla - 0.14

Oh my god! Nobody pinch me, I don't want to wake up from this dream. Matinee numbers? :wub:
  • Like 6

So, we will have a bunch of movies over 200 mil this year....Annie?

Right now I'm putting Annie at $170M, but I think $200M is in play. People want fun movies over Christmas and it looks so damn fun. I don't like musicals at all, but I'm connected with it. NATM3 will pull an Alvin 3 and Into the Woods is a wild card. I think Annie and Hobbit 3 will be the go to movies of Christmas/New Years. $200M is a stretch with the comp, but we'll see as December creeps closer. I think $160-$170 is more realistic atm though.

Right now I'm putting Annie at $170M, but I think $200M is in play. People want fun movies over Christmas and it looks so damn fun. I don't like musicals at all, but I'm connected with it. NATM3 will pull an Alvin 3 and Into the Woods is a wild card. I think Annie and Hobbit 3 will be the go to movies of Christmas/New Years. $200M is a stretch with the comp, but we'll see as December creeps closer. I think $160-$170 is more realistic atm though.

I'm really thinking Unbroken could be a big break-out. that's a pretty popular book with a story I can just imagine audiences eating up over the awards season.

Edited by CoolioD1
  • Like 2

Wait, they made another one?

Posted Image

Yup. Its being released the same day as Hobbit and Annie. There is surprisingly not much hype for it though, so i dont expect it to hit the 200m mark either. The last one did 177m. 

The Good Dinosaur should have come out, it's not the same annually with Pixar.

I know. There's an emptiness this year no amount of Lego Movie, Dragon 2, or Big Hero 6 can fill.

• Like 2

I personally don't understand what these numbers really mean

These numbers could mean anything or nothing at all really. Will be interesting to see the trends of the numbers as the day goes on and compare to other movies.

Not much right now because of different times of year, different audiences etc. But if we have enough of these, patterns will emerge eventually.

It means nothing because matinees have barely started on the West coast. It's not even 11 am.

So these numbers mean Maleficent is currently at 2.64m and will at least double on the West cost to take it to 5.28m.  Matinees are about 1/4 of the total day, so that brings the Friday number to 21.12m.  Saturday will be 28.5m with a bump of 35% and Sunday comes in at 20m with a 30% decrease.  So a final weekend number of 69.62m.

Does that sound about right?

:ph34r:

I really have no clue

• Like 3

So these numbers mean Maleficent is currently at 2.64m and will at least double on the West cost to take it to 5.28m.  Matinees are about 1/4 of the total day, so that brings the Friday number to 21.12m.  Saturday will be 28.5m with a bump of 35% and Sunday comes in at 20m with a 30% decrease.  So a final weekend number of 69.62m.

I really have no clue

the math checks out.

I really have no clue

Add the midnight numbers

I really have no clue

you have to add the numbers from yesterday. So in that case Mal would do 74M.