Olive

Official Weekend Estimates: Maleficent - 70M, X-Men - 32.6M, A Million Ways - 17.1M, Godzilla - 12.2M

Well, I didn't predict 300m (235m is my current prediction in the BSG) and I said it would drop 61.5% in the 65% over/under thread.

I was terribly wrong about its legs though, I kept acting like I was Mr. I-know-everything-you're-wrong  :bagoverhead: (sadly, it is part of my personality, but I always try my best to tone it down) 

we all do that at times. you should see my asm2 predictions. i am also a part of "asm2 will be the biggest cbm of the year by over 100m" club.

Posted Image

Well, I didn't predict 300m (235m is my current prediction in the BSG) and I said it would drop 61.5% in the 65% over/under thread.

I was terribly wrong about its legs though, I kept acting like I was Mr. I-know-everything-you're-wrong  :bagoverhead: (sadly, it is part of my personality, but I always try my best to tone it down) 

I even posted numbers in that over thread to back up my argument for it falling under 65% - so much for that.  I think a lot of us are in the same boat.  Win some you lose some; that's why we all enjoy following box office numbers, just when we think we know what we are talking about...

• Like 1

You win some, you lose some. I guess X-Men wont be a +300m franchise, at least not for the foreseeable future.

I don't know.  DOFP was coming off from XMFC and Wolverine.  Not exactly good leads, BO wise.  I think it does lay the foundation for a big rebound next time around.  

• Like 2

Going to see Blended in 2 hours.I have no desire to go see Maleficent. It might be the best movie of the summer for all I know but it has 0 appeal to me.

• Like 1

I don't know.  DOFP was coming off from XMFC and Wolverine.  Not exactly good leads, BO wise.  I think it does lay the foundation for a big rebound next time around.  

XMFC is what a lot of people say and I tend to agree with is the best x men movie so it should have been a very good lead in

So I keep hearing. Hope it gets good numbers, then, but I think DOM may be kinda doomed for it. 

The marketing for it has basically been non-existent...you would think with the good reviews WB would be pulling all stops but they are just letting it ride on Cruise's name I guess...

The marketing for it has basically been non-existent...you would think with the good reviews WB would be pulling all stops but they are just letting it ride on Cruise's name I guess...

That is not working OS and it won't work DOM either.