Olive

Official Weekend Estimates: Maleficent - 70M, X-Men - 32.6M, A Million Ways - 17.1M, Godzilla - 12.2M

Maleficent's audience was 60 percent female and 51 percent over the age of 25. Families accounted for 45 percent of attendance. The movie grossed $6.7 million in IMAX, and 3D showtimes represented 35 percent of sales.

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/news/?id=3851&p=.htm

Thanks.

60/40 is actually not as bad as I thought. That's about what THG does.

• Like 2

What was the last Cruise film which bombed? His movies usually make their money back and then some so EoT may not be a smash hit but most likely not a bomb either...

Lions For Lambs, which wasn't really a promoted as a Cruise movie (he got the "and" on the poster), but he was still in it.

Maleficent's audience was 60 percent female and 51 percent over the age of 25. Families accounted for 45 percent of attendance. The movie grossed $6.7 million in IMAX, and 3D showtimes represented 35 percent of sales.

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/news/?id=3851&p=.htm

I think the 45% family audience will be a good reason why this wont take such a hit from FiOS.

Wow tickets are expensive there

Not really...I am out in TN and tickets are about the same...so considering it NY, its a bit cheaper I guess...

I am just surprised its a non-national chain...don't see too many of those now a days...

Edited by AC Slater

I love how everyone is celebrating DOFP WW box office, but Domestic isn't worth a fuck to write home about.. And those saying the Japanese hate the new GODZILLA couldn't be more wrong, AGAIN... They love the new GODZILLA right down to the look compared to how shitty he looked in the 98 movie and so much, that they even poked fun at t in their last movie... :rofl: 

Money is money doesn't matter where it comes from
  • Like 2

I love how everyone is celebrating DOFP WW box office, but Domestic isn't worth a fuck to write home about.. And those saying the Japanese hate the new GODZILLA couldn't be more wrong, AGAIN... They love the new GODZILLA right down to the look compared to how shitty he looked in the 98 movie and so much, that they even poked fun at t in their last movie... :rofl: 

Posted Image

• Like 6

Dude...chances are it finishes within 35 million of Cap 2 domestically and might beat it WW. Considering all the goodwill for the MCU and the hurdles DOFP had to climb over in order to get these numbers, with the downward trend of the franchise, you really need to be blind, stupid or trolling to dis-consider its performance. I know you love to troll, but this was never a threat BO-wise to your precious Avengers, so you can seriously stop, because it's nonsense. 

• Like 10

Good, then GODZILLA WW means it's more than made a profit with get this: A sequel greenlit.. :bravo: 

Well, no, it hasn't. They pulled the trigger too soon on that one, making the announcement.