AniNate

Joy | David O. Russell | Christmas 2015 | New Trailer on Page 20!

Not bad trailer but she looks miscast. She looks way too young. She looks like her sister playing instead of her mother imo

She was 24 I think when filming this and the character of Joy is shown from 7 to 40 but a big part is when she's 26/27 so it's not to much of a reach. I agree she has a youthful face especially compared to Margot Robbie who's the same age.

• Like 5

She was 24 I think when filming this and the character of Joy is shown from 7 to 40 but a big part is when she's 26/27 so it's not to much of a reach. I agree she has a youthful face especially compared to Margot Robbie who's the same age.

Well its not like they are going to suddenly looked that old from 20s to 40s. Course we do have the power of makeup to make them still look young for their age if not younger.

The first time JLaw seemed too young to play her role for me was in American Hustle. This might be the 2nd time.

I really hope I'll like this movie as much as Silver Lining Playbook, because American Hustle was a big let down for me.

Also, I hope JLaw doesn't make another DOR movie anytime soon. A little variation goes a long way, and it's becoming troubling how little variation there is in his movies (it would be easier to swallow if it was just one actor but it's basically all the leads over and over and over again).

Edited by JennaJ
  • Like 2

Honestly I thought that trailer was fine, even if it didn't really give me a clue of what the film is like, that is until I heard Lawrence speaking, and yeah, she really kinda looks miscast, even moreso then in American Hustle.

Still I'm sure her performance will probably be very good.

Edited by Insidearcher