AniNate

Joy | David O. Russell | Christmas 2015 | New Trailer on Page 20!

Why is JLaw subjecting herself to this shit ? She is the hottest actress on the planet and can work with almost any director in Hollywood. I don't think this is is about Oscars either. She can get a nomination without help from anyone and she didn't even bother to campaign last year so it can't be such a high priority for her.

• Like 1

it's all well and good saying stuff like that but not all directors have the strongest female work to offer (ESPECIALLY some of the more respected one working right now)

For American auteur directors it's pretty much D.O.R and Woody Allen who have created leading roles for A list actresses. I'm really struggling to think off any one else, otherwise it's seems to be either a not so fascinating girlfriend/wife supporting part or the role going to a completely unknown actress instead.

• Like 1

Would be good to see JLaw moving away from her comfort zone and work with other directors for once.

She has half dozen movies coming up with multiple different directors.  But she can choose who she wants anyways.  Why criticize her to get out of her comfort zone when shes making millions and winning more awards than most actors/actresses who has been in the business many more years or even decades than her? :unsure:

• Like 1

She has half dozen movies coming up with multiple different directors.  But she can choose who she wants anyways.  Why criticize her to get out of her comfort zone when shes making millions and winning more awards than most actors/actresses who has been in the business many more years or even decades than her? :unsure:

It wasn't a criticism on my part. It's just what I personally would love to see.

She's doing well, no denying that.

Lily Tomlin was being a total diva here in the beginning. David unleashed the fury of hell on her.  LMAO He pulled this on Clooney and they got into an actual fist fight. Yes actors can be total divas and difficult especially those that have been in the business as long as Tomlin. But that doesn't excuse his psychopathic behavior when he encounters difficulty. His temper is out of control.  He had old Lily flinching at some point.

http://youtu.be/7SG43wa7Alo

I'm not condoning his behavior at all but J-Law knows better than anyone what he's like, if she couldn't handle it she wouldn't keep signing on. I don't think anyone would put themselves through a process they were uncomfortable with three times, she clearly likes the man.

I'm not condoning his behavior at all but J-Law knows better than anyone what he's like, if she couldn't handle it she wouldn't keep signing on. I don't think anyone would put themselves through a process they were uncomfortable with three times, she clearly likes the man.

You never what motivates people to do what they do. It's a Weinstein production. Maybe she does it because of Harvey.

it's all well and good saying stuff like that but not all directors have the strongest female work to offer (ESPECIALLY some of the more respected ones working right now)

Maybe there's a part for her in the Huntsman

• Like 1

This reeks of overhype. I'm sorry but the only reason that this is carrying so much weight at all, is because of David's past. While he's still loud on set, I don't believe for a second he's abusive. This is just how he directs. Jen knows this, and appreciates it. She’s said many times that she likes his bluntness. But that doesn’t mean she won’t tell him to shut-up, or argue with him if she disagrees. It’s a charged creative relationship that yields amazing results, not a damn tea party.

• Like 1