11. The Neighbors - 111M
12. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles - 108M
13. A Million Ways to Die in The West - 98M
14. The Fault in Our Stars - 97M
15. The Expendables 3 - 90M

:unsure:

Edited by #ED
  • Like 1

I think it's quite possible. I also think there's a chance it doesn't open as big.

I agree.  Mostly because its audience doesn't have enough males in it.  I think the Divergent audience was something like 57/43 female to male, so it had some crossover appeal to give it legs for a few weeks before Captain America arrived.  Fault seems like it will play 70% female (and very young) and only end up around 130 domestic.

Dont you see. there always hae to be a competition between women in Hollywood :rolleyes:

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/shailene-woodey-doesnt-want-to-be-compared-to-jennifer-lawrence/

They're both young, have short hair, got noticed for their work in indie films and are now the stars of massive franchise blockbusters with huge fanbases.

But while it seems easy to compare Shailene Woodley and Jennifer Lawrence, the "Divergent" star apparently isn't a fan of being measured up alongside "The Hunger Games" actress.

A new interview with Woodley in New York magazine recalls her taping an appearance on "The Tonight Show" in March while promoting "Divergent" when Jimmy Fallon asked how she felt about being compared to Lawrence.

"Well," Woodley said, "comparisons always lead to despair." The article says the "shocked and angry" audience booed, and the segment of the interview was cut from the show.

"As women, we are constantly told that we need to compare ourselves to a girl in school, to our co-­workers, to the images in a magazine," she said in the interview. "How is the world going to advance if we're always comparing ourselves to others? I admire Jennifer Lawrence, but she's everyone's favorite person to compare me to. Is it because we both have short hair and a vagina? I see us as separate individuals. And that's important. As women, our insecurities are based on all these comparisons. And that creates distress."

"It bothered me, because it's human nature to feel bad if you are booed by an entire audience," she also told the magazine. "But in these few moments that we have here on Earth, are we going to torture ourselves? Or are we going to allow our lights to be dimmed? How do we expect men to respect women or women to rise to more power when we don't respect our queendom in the same way that men respect their kingdom?"

• Like 1

Top 15

1. How to Train Your Dragon 2 - 305M

2. Transformers: Age of Extinction - 275M

3. X-Men: Days of Future Past - 239M

4. The Amazing Spider-Man 2 - 231M

5. Godzilla - 214M

6. Dawn of the Planet of the Apes - 201M

7. Guardians of The Galaxy - 147M

8. Maleficent - 143M

9. Tammy - 134M

10. 22 Jump Street - 121M

11. The Neighbors - 111M

12. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles - 108M

13. A Million Ways to Die in The West - 98M

14. The Fault in Our Stars - 97M

15. The Expendables 3 - 90M

:unsure:

fixed  :ph34r:   :P

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/shailene-woodey-doesnt-want-to-be-compared-to-jennifer-lawrence/

They're both young, have short hair, got noticed for their work in indie films and are now the stars of massive franchise blockbusters with huge fanbases.

But while it seems easy to compare Shailene Woodley and Jennifer Lawrence, the "Divergent" star apparently isn't a fan of being measured up alongside "The Hunger Games" actress.

A new interview with Woodley in New York magazine recalls her taping an appearance on "The Tonight Show" in March while promoting "Divergent" when Jimmy Fallon asked how she felt about being compared to Lawrence.

"Well," Woodley said, "comparisons always lead to despair." The article says the "shocked and angry" audience booed, and the segment of the interview was cut from the show.

"As women, we are constantly told that we need to compare ourselves to a girl in school, to our co-­workers, to the images in a magazine," she said in the interview. "How is the world going to advance if we're always comparing ourselves to others? I admire Jennifer Lawrence, but she's everyone's favorite person to compare me to. Is it because we both have short hair and a vagina? I see us as separate individuals. And that's important. As women, our insecurities are based on all these comparisons. And that creates distress."

"It bothered me, because it's human nature to feel bad if you are booed by an entire audience," she also told the magazine. "But in these few moments that we have here on Earth, are we going to torture ourselves? Or are we going to allow our lights to be dimmed? How do we expect men to respect women or women to rise to more power when we don't respect our queendom in the same way that men respect their kingdom?"

Divergent's not massive. The first one only had a modest profit.

I agree.  Mostly because its audience doesn't have enough males in it.  I think the Divergent audience was something like 57/43 female to male, so it had some crossover appeal to give it legs for a few weeks before Captain America arrived.  Fault seems like it will play 70% female (and very young) and only end up around 130 domestic.

Thurs. night when was in line (which I wouldn't define it as a line since it was me and a friend first before doors were open and others came) for EOT, I saw like 1 boy out of every 15 girls sitting in line.  I may watch EOT again because I really like it, and also want to get the feel for how packed it would be for Fault when seeing lines again on Friday night.

You guys do know the budget for TFIOS is only 12 million right? Whether it's frontloaded or not, it really doesn't matter, Fox is gonna make so much cash on this one. So happy. 

It's all in the (summer) game, yo! All in the game.

Divergent's not massive. The first one only had a modest profit.

Well first Twilight made just almost $200 million domestic before it broke out to make more monies in sequels with around $300 million per film.  Divergent could also do the same if the movies are better in sequels.

So it has a midnight close to Xmen and yet some of u say it could open to 40 mill? What kind of drugs are u taking?

where's the lie tho..

Well first Twilight made just almost $200 million domestic before it broke out to make more monies in sequels with around $300 million per film.  Divergent could also do the same if the movies are better in sequels.

That doesn't make it massive though. The second one hasn't been released yet.

the arrogance of fans is thinking that stars are under their control, and not the other way around...

Posted Image

Edited by a2k
  • Like 1

You guys do know the budget for TFIOS is only 12 million right? Whether it's frontloaded or not, it really doesn't matter, Fox is gonna make so much cash on this one. So happy. 

I know right?!

That means it covered 3/4 of it's budget with freaking PREVIEW night shows. This films in the black w/Monday actuals(covering promotion/marketing) and it's all gravy from there. 

• Like 1

So it has a midnight close to Xmen and yet some of u say it could open to 40 mill? What kind of drugs are u taking?

$90 million OW!!  Xmen style.  We got ourselves a Titanic of 2014!