Olive

Weekend #'s FIOS: 48.2, EOT: 29.1

I assume it's going to be extremely frontloaded and land just above 40M.

There's no way it reaches the rest of this Summer's blockbuster type movies.

• Like 1

I think that makes 50 million a pretty solid bet, but doesn't guarantee much more than that necessarily. I could see this being one of the worst midnight to opening weekend ratios ever.

• Like 2

E and my estimates were pretty much bang on. As SoCal goes, so goes the nation. :)I think even the sneaks were front loaded. Most of the sell outs came from the 5:30 NIOS and 9pm shows. Once it got later than that, demand seemed to taper off a bit (which makes sense, given the core demo for the movie).

Hey! Trying to figure in no Imax and 3D with the Night shows was not easy. To make matters not all of the Night shows were $25.00. Some were less.  And not every theater had them.  I think Kitik actually said 8.1m.

• Like 2

Well we know for sure Friday is gonna be massive. But will the demand be there Saturday and Sunday? That's the question and will make this weekend much more interesting.

The $25 dollars was part of the midnight numbers, right? I thought it would have been 10m+.

There weren't that many $25 shows. And all of them weren't $25.

I assume it's going to be extremely frontloaded and land just above 40M.

There's no way it reaches the rest of this Summer's blockbuster type movies.

LOL

Twilight made less and it opened really close to 70M. In fact, the OD was 35M

Well we know for sure Friday is gonna be massive. But will the demand be there Saturday and Sunday? That's the question and will make this weekend much more interesting.

:qotd:

• Like 1

Won't Fault be extremely front-loaded and somewhat affected by competing with Maleficient's target audience on Saturday and Sunday?  Moms taking their 10-15 year old daughters to one of those movies will have to choose between the 2.  I think Fault will be extremely frontloaded.