Olive

Weekend #'s FIOS: 48.2, EOT: 29.1

Different era, man. Plus, despite the popularity, those were genre action/adventures and this is a tearjerker drama.

The genre not so much, but I think the audience is somewhat comparable.

Different era, man. Plus, despite the popularity, those were genre action/adventures and this is a tearjerker drama.

Still... if Divergent made 4.9M, this should've easily doubled that

Book is just as popular as those two among the high school demographic

Well, maybe not Hunger Games, but it's definitely as big as Twilight

Twilight has a lot of older women fans. I know women from 30-50 who went to midnight showings. They all work at my job and went in big groups of friends.

The genre not so much, but I think the audience is somewhat comparable.

I think the audience for this is really, really young. Twilight has women of all age ranges.

• Like 3

Twilight has a lot of older women fans. I know women from 30-50 who went to midnight showings. They all work at my job and went in big groups of friends.

Fault does too....

Anyway, I'm off to see X-Men for a third time; peace

• Like 1

Call me crazy, but just like with Divergent, this doesn't feel like something with 1/16th the pop culture relevance or mainstream attention that Twilight or Hunger Games had. Maybe it's just cuz I'm older now, but Twilight and Hunger Games characters and terminology and shit became ingrained in pop culture. I don't even know the lead character in this or Divergent's names. 

• Like 6

Fault does too....

Anyway, I'm off to see X-Men for a third time; peace

That is true but to what extent. Did you see the pics of the lines of people for the movie? I posted them in the fault thread. Most of these were really young girls. There were some older ones but the majority were 12-15 year olds.

I think the audience for this is really, really young. Twilight has women of all age ranges.

By the last movie definitely.  But I think twilight in 2008 was pretty young.  Older than TFIOS, but I doubt  by much.