Olive

Weekend #'s FIOS: 48.2, EOT: 29.1

Last night Rth said that Fault was outdoing Edge by a ratio of 8 to 1. If so, good God. 

Whose not surprised....this guy. It's huge on the middle school front and H.S. front.

With ties to the Davidson Co.(Nashville) library system I am not shocked by these Preview numbers for FioS.

• Like 2

Call me crazy, but just like with Divergent, this doesn't feel like something with 1/16th the pop culture relevance or mainstream attention that Twilight or Hunger Games had. Maybe it's just cuz I'm older now, but Twilight and Hunger Games characters and terminology and shit became ingrained in pop culture. I don't even know the lead character in this or Divergent's names. 

Twilight's basically forgotten among the mainstream. It was fad, it had its day. Now it's nothing.

Edited by Fancyarcher

Twilight's basically forgotten among the mainstream. It was fad, it had its day. Now it's nothing.

Well at least it had it's day as opposed to Divergent. However, Fault is a different animal.

Twilight might not be an action movie but it obviously has a supernatural conceit and strong fantasy elements. From what I can gather, Fault is a drama about cancer. Beside the fact that they're romances popular among young women, I don't see much comparison. The Vow or the freaking Notebook are much more accurate comparisons honestly. 

There's no way you can say that among my generation/the kids I went to school with. I'm no fan of the series, but love it or hate it, people my age will always remember that shit. Period. 

• Like 2

Twilight might not be an action movie but it obviously has a supernatural conceit and strong fantasy elements. From what I can gather, Fault is a drama about cancer. Beside the fact that they're romances popular among young women, I don't see much comparison. The Vow or the freaking Notebook are much more accurate comparisons honestly.

Pretty much, Fandango said in their presale report that it didn't include movies like Twilight because it's in a different category. The only thing the two have in common are that they're both YA adaptations. Anyway, if Fault hits 50M this weekend that'd be really great. Either way though it's a success for Fox since it didn't cost much to make.

There's no way you can say that among my generation/the kids I went to school with. I'm no fan of the series, but love it or hate it, people my age will always remember that shit. Period. 

I wouldn't be too sure about that. Nobody I know talks about it, and the series ran its course.

If people remember Twilight, they won't remember the books or the movies very fondly if you ask me, unless of course they think their comedy masterpieces.

Edited by Fancyarcher

If the thurs night to OW ratio of TFIOS is similar to hunger games, twilight and harry potter:

HG1 - 63.5HG2 - 51.2TW2 - 44.5TW4 - 37.4TW5 - 38.14HP7 - 42.7HP8 (yeah right) - 31.9

LOL All those (except HG) are sequels!!!!!!

• Like 1

And both movies Shailene Woodley is the star. JLAW who? :lol:

Somewhere the alert in Futurist's home when someone speaks ill of JLaw just went off. Futurist should be here in 5,4... Edited by grim22
  • Like 4