Olive

Weekend #'s FIOS: 48.2, EOT: 29.1

let's hope that the World Cup doesn't completely kill DOFP next weekend.

The World Cup will have a negligible effect in most of Asia. In India, the first match starts at 9:30pm and the last match at 3:30am. The situation is worse in countries which are farther east like Japan, China etc. So I don't think moviegoing will be hurt as much as it would have been with a world cup in Europe or Africa.

South America and European markets will be hurt, but again Europe won't be as badly hurt as much as the previous 2 world cups did. And most of the US doesn't care anyway.

• Like 1

The thing I remember most about NYSM is how you spoiled the whole movie for me five minutes before I left to see it  :angry:

the ending was pretty stupid. I'm surprised you still bothered going after finding it out.

Rose Byrne needs to lead a comedy sometime soon. Heck, she should've been the person to break out from Bridesmaids instead of McCarthy. She's so much funnier it hurts that her career isn't superstar huge

Rose Byrne needs to lead a comedy sometime soon. Heck, she should've been the person to break out from Bridesmaids instead of McCarthy. She's so much funnier it hurts that her career isn't superstar huge

She's doing fine.

• Like 1

Punctuation, bitch.

She is doing good though. Gawdesk is versatile. She can do pretty much anything.

• Like 2

Why do you like Stannis so much?

It's my liking of Book Stannis and the hope that the show's writing for him will one day match up to the book character and Dillane's acting (and fun facial expressions).

• Like 1

Wasn't it three female leads - Diaz, Mann, and Upton?I can't say I'm surprised at the heavy young/female skew (the lines of teenage girls I saw when I left the theater on Friday were insane), but it's still insane to see it in front of you. 80+% female audience.And yeah, Deathly Hallows 2 was a monster. $90 million opening *day* is on another level.

What is frustrating is that a movie like TOW is still getting made when movies like Fault, Divergent, Hunger Games, Frozen, The Heat, are getting made and make more money.  I expect guys to be morons and see idiotic, sexist action movies The Expendables.  We are the inferior, dinosaur-minded sex so we are supposed to be the idiots.  Females should know better than to see sexist movies that hate them.  Fortunately, with the success of Hunger Games/Divergent franchises and now Fault, it looks like things are improving a lot.  It is too bad actresses like Katherine Heigl and Kate Hudson and a hundred others had their careers killed due to being in movies like TOW.

Edited by Ando81