Olive

Weekend #'s FIOS: 48.2, EOT: 29.1

4 minute drive, free parking with validation and a pretty good food court and dining options. Also, since it is AMC, my stubs card and Costco tickets are easily used there. Of course, once I move to Irvine, I will need to find a new "home theater" so to say.

With the Spectrum, that shouldn't be a problem.

• Like 2

So, this is a short conversation I just had with a girl at workGirl- Y'all, I went last night and saw one of the saddest most tear jerky movies I've ever seen!Me- Fault in our Stars?Girl- YES! It was so sad I was bawling. I had mascara running down my face. It was really goodMe- yep, now I know I will NEVER watch that movieLOL

• Like 1

4 minute drive, free parking with validation and a pretty good food court and dining options. Also, since it is AMC, my stubs card and Costco tickets are easily used there. Of course, once I move to Irvine, I will need to find a new "home theater" so to say.

The Spectrum will be your new spot. 

It's really hard to write romance without a little cheese getting in there. That's why I love the original Spider-Man movies romantic angles. It's almost like they just embraced the cheesyness and just rolled with it-

It's really endearing in a hammy way.

Edited by Mango
  • Like 1

"Fault" could earn $45 million or more for the weekend unless fan traffic drops off dramatically; "Edge of Tomorrow" may have trouble crossing $30 million in its North American debut, but boasts strong numbers in China and Russia.

Younger females are storming the North American box office to see The Fault in Our Stars, which now has a shot at crossing $20 million on Friday and $45 million for the weekend. That's a major victory for Fox 2000, which made the movie for a reported $12 million.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/box-office-tom-cruises-edge-709933

• Like 1

There's good cheese & bad cheese obviously. There are countless scripts that read as very cheesy, and yet, the execution is what makes it or breaks it. You get killer actors who can make those lines work and you're golden, they hit gold with Ansel & Shailene, Nat, etc on TFIOS, could have been a disaster, Josh Boone seems to have done a very fine job as well, Stuck In Love was a promising debut, so I'm not surprised.

• Like 2

Its Thursday-night performance was boosted by 650 special fan screenings that cost $25 per ticket. The screenings included an interview with Green and the cast that was simulcast in theaters. The movie opened in a number of other theaters at 9 p.m.

ok

It's really hard to write romance without a little cheese getting in there. That's why I love the original Spider-Man movies romantic angles. It's almost like they just embraced the cheesyness and just rolled with it-

It's really endearing in a hammy way.

ditto for titanic. no movie becomes a  game changing blockbuster without most folks liking most of the movie. if just the 2nd half, or vfx or the action or this or that is good than the movie may well succeed but not in a path-braking way. look at godzilla. last 30 minutes were not enough to get repeat viewings. the romance in both titanic and sm1 was done very well imo. when i watch them i don't feel like skipping the first parts.

• Like 2

if godzilla's backdrop was a good cheesy melodrama dominating the 1st half followed by disaster it could have been epic.

Edited by a2k
  • Like 1

I'm told Antonio Banderas has filed for divorce from Melanie Griffith.

Posted Image

Other way around "Melanie Griffith has reportedly filed for divorce from Antonio Banderas after 18 years of marriage. The 56-year-old actress cited irreconcilable difference..."

• Like 2