Olive

Weekend #'s FIOS: 48.2, EOT: 29.1

It's the laziest MCU fim by far.I have to wonder who dropped the ball with that one.

We should have known as soon as we heard Whedon was called in to rewrite and restructure scenes that something was up. Or when the director was fired. Or when the second director was kicked out of the editing room. There were a lot of signs.

• Like 1

Well, they had a release date locked, and the director quit just before filming started, so they went and found a new director who could film quickly and get the movie out in time for the release date which was already determined. So basically the new director took the existing storyboards and filmed them.

Sounds similar to another upcoming Marvel movie, does it not?

Well, they had a release date locked, and the director quit just before filming started, so they went and found a new director who could film quickly and get the movie out in time for the release date which was already determined. So basically the new director took the existing storyboards and filmed them.

All eyes on Ant-Man.Will Marvel repeat their mistakes or push back the release date for re-writes.

Jenkins was "let go" and Taylor was hired in Dec 2011 for a Nov 2013 release date - 13 months before filming started.

Edited by TalismanRing

You joined in July 2012, a month after me. Guessing we all joined in the lead-up to the release of TDKR. 

Yeah after the Avengers you Nolanites flooded the site.

Meanwhile overseas INT’L Box Office: ’22 Jump Street’ Opens Overseas In UK Far Outpacing First InstallmentBY ANITA BUSCH | Friday June 6, 2014 @ 9:38pm PDTSony’s 22 Jump Street is getting a head start overseas prior to its domestic launch and its opening night in the UK is impressive. The film, which stars Jonah Hill and Channing Tatum, is on its way to a $2.6M to $2.8M opening night, which would put it in the category of one of the top comedies ever to open in this territory and certainly up there with such big openers as Universal’s Ted.It’s also outpacing the first installment, 21 Jump Street, by over three times right now and it’s on track to take about 50% of the Top Ten market share in this territory which is no small feat given that Edge of Tomorrow, Maleficent, X-Men: Days of Future Past and Godzilla are still playing.The first installment, 21 Jump Street, bowed in 2012 and did best in English-speaking countries where the humor translated well. In fact, the UK was its biggest market with a $15.9M gross, and with Australia grabbing another $15.6M, those two English-speaking territories accounted for about 50% of the total international cume of $63.5M. It opened in March; this one is opening only a week before the World Cup starts and Sony is betting it will play right through the matches.22 also opened in the Netherlands and took the No. 1 spot there, doubling the opening of the first installment and playing about 85% above the second film in the marketplace, Maleficent.

• Like 2

I can't understand how EoT is doing worse than Oblivion. By all accounts EoT is a superior movie with a better release date.

Competition and Cruise making two sci-fi, futurist movies back to back hurt as well. But most importantly Oblivion didn't have a movie like Fault of Our Stars out, or big movies people were still seeing like Maleficent and X-Men Days of Future Past. I don't expect it have much legs either, with 22 Jump Street coming out next week. I liked Edge of Tomorrow a lot better then Oblivion. But good movies flop sometimes too, not all bad movies do. So this happens.......

Edited by gb0708

Is EoT considered original sci-fi if it's based on a book?

I remember jackasses whining about Scott Pilgrim bombing back during summer 2010 labeled it original. Despite being based on a comic book. And despite legit original stuff like Inception and Despicable Me being smashes.

Competition, Oblivion didn't have a movie like Fault of Our Stars out, or big movies people were still seeing like Maleficent and X-Men Days of Future Past. I don't expect it have much legs either, with 22 Jump Street coming out next week. I liked Edge of Tomorrow a lot better then Oblivion. But good movies flop sometimes too, not all bad movies do. So this happens.......

Oblivion didn't have to deal with being that movie that...Looks like Oblivion.

If Oblivion didn't exist, EoT would probably be able to do 40m OW. I feel like the lukewarm reception to that made people apprehensive about another Tom Cruise sci-fi film.

Edited by MrPink
  • Like 1