Olive

Weekend Est: 22JUMP 60.0M| HTTYD2 50.0M|Male 19.0M|EOT 16.1M|Fault 15.7M|DOFP 9.5M

I hope you enjoyed all the throat cutting in Sweeney Todd. ;)

As a matter of fact, I did. :D

The only part that scared me was Kentucky Fried Helena Bonham Carter. 

Edited by Spaghetti
  • Like 2

And I don't agree overprotection is worse when you're a kid (like 10 and under), because you only get to be a kid once for a very short time in your life. And if they're exposed to too much too soon, it robs them of their childhood which is something I know I would have never wanted to be robbed of.

I agree with what you're saying. But I'm talking about kids not getting to see Star Wars or Harry Potter. You know, things made specifically for kids. That's really sad to me and it fits with your stance, they aren't allow to enjoy kid things that all their friends probably are.
  • Like 2

I agree with what you're saying. But I'm talking about kids not getting to see Star Wars or Harry Potter. You know, things made specifically for kids. That's really sad to me and it fits with your stance, they aren't allow to enjoy kid things that all their friends probably are.

OK yeah I can see what you mean with that. That's really stupid.

• Like 2

My cousin is taking his 13 year old son to see 22JS. No nudity, no problem. Middle schoolers hear and say fuck during school a lot more than adults want to admit.

And I'm not even talking about middle schoolers. I'm talking about kids, which I consider 10 and under for the most part. Sometimes older than that though if they're late bloomers puberty wise.

• Like 1

Alien is really just an R for suspense. It might scare some ten year olds, but there's really not much in it that is exposing a kid to content too mature. I saw Matrix around that age, but that should be a PG-13 anyways. Never seen the original RoboCop. To me anyone who's seen 21JS should know 22JS is likely not for kids. Tweens maybe, kids no.

Matrix is so damn tame. There's hardly any swearing and barely any blood. There are worse PG-13 movies these days.
  • Like 2

I remember watching HANNIBAL and sitting right in front of a bunch of five- and six-year-olds. Had to wonder what their parents/guardians were thinking.

Well, Hannibal was pretty good comedy, especially the brain scene. I know they were going for scary, but everyone hammed it up in that movie.

But wouldn't 22 actually help Dragon in that case? I imagine most teenagers under 17 are paying for the latter just so they could try to sneak into the former.

I doubt the sneak ins will make much difference. They didn't help KFP2 when it went up against Hangover 2. ;)

22js is just bad language really. nothing especially sexual or violent. I don't see it as a big deal. I grew up entirely around bad language (scottish!) so I doubt my parents would kick up a fuss.

Haven't seen it yet, but my main problem with a kid seeing the first one is the way it glamorizes drugs. It's hilarious and all, but I don't think that would be a good thing for impressionable kids to see.

I saw some kids at The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo which unsettled me.

I saw some bad stuff when I was a kid. But I don't regret seeing Terminator 2 at an early age. Robocop though... :unsure:

My cousin is taking his 13 year old son to see 22JS. No nudity, no problem. Middle schoolers hear and say fuck during school a lot more than adults want to admit.

I don't want to derail the topic but... "no nudity"? Really? It still frustrates me that nudity is the ultimate dealbreaker in some people's eyes. We all feed on our mother's breasts when we're babies.

• Like 1

I am pretty sure the first was rated for 12 years old or over here. And since this year Neighbors and A Million Ways received a 14 rating, 22JS will probably receive the same. Here nobody cares.