Olive

Weekend Est: 22JUMP 60.0M| HTTYD2 50.0M|Male 19.0M|EOT 16.1M|Fault 15.7M|DOFP 9.5M

Like I said, Madagascar 3 did quite well with 746m WW. The biggest DW movie after the Shrek sequels, and even defeated Brave WW. :D

Sigh...some of these animated flicks killing it overseas...just don't understand...

Posted Image

• Like 1

With these numbers, one has to wonder if any film will get past 260m this summer. Suddenly TASM1 doesn't look so bad at 262m. :P

TASM 1 had a pretty good BO performance all things considered. I mean at least it had weekends where it dropped less than 40%

• Like 2

To be fair, I think the main problem with Dragon 2 (and by extension, Kung Fu Panda 2) isn't so much the competition they faced but the fact that the marketing (especially the ads) didn't make either movie stand out as a major event. They just got lazy and assumed that audiences would turn out based on goodwill alone. Which is kind of a difficult thing to prove but eh.

I will not consider a $50M opening a disaster though. That's still an increase from the first movie. And I mentioned this before, but I really think it's going to benefit from being released in a hilariously barren summer in terms of kids fare, so I'd wait and see before writing it off completely.

• Like 2

Dragon 16.5-18,to get to say 19-20 it will have to have very strong evenings compared to normal it's not entirely out of the ? but not thinking it will atm22J 23-25 anything 25+ like Dragon require huge eveAs for anything else can't be fucked working it out atm

Absolutely pathetic.

• Like 3

How is EOT doing I need it to break 100 million best movie of the year IMO or second very close to lego

Variety had an article of it doing around 16M this weekend...that would be pretty good with a sub 50% drop...

• Like 1

Transformers 4 won't hit 300m either. (it will make something like 280m)

275m is the key number. If TF4 doesn't hit that then we will have the first year since 1980 that at least one movie doesn't adjust to 275m by Oct.

:WHATanabe:

• Like 1

275m is the key number. If TF4 doesn't hit that then we will have the first year since 1980 that at least one movie doesn't adjust to 275m by Oct.  :WHATanabe:

I can't deal.If this keeps up I'm going to have to start posting on vgchartz.
  • Like 1