Olive

Weekend Est: 22JUMP 60.0M| HTTYD2 50.0M|Male 19.0M|EOT 16.1M|Fault 15.7M|DOFP 9.5M

From DreamWorks Animation and Fox, Dragon 2 took in $50 million, marking DWA's best opening in two years, although some had predicted it would open north of $55 million. Dragon 2 came in ahead of the first Dragon, which opened to just north of $36 million in March 2010.

Jeffrey Katzenberg's DWA needs a win after a series of box office misfires. Overseas, Dragon 2 got off to an impressive start in its first 25 markets (many are smaller), grossing $24.8 million and coming in No. 1 everywhere, including in Russia with $12.8 million. Fox and DWA believe Dragon 2 will be counterprogramming to the World Cup, which got underway June12.

From THR, best opening in past two years for DWA ... how great. 

By the way, Dat Grand Seduction hold. -3.2% after losing a handful of theaters.

Its a really charming film and shockingly it got an ovation here when it ended. I guess Canadians are digging the movie.

Or it could be their manipulation, boring plot and ridiculous characters.....kind of like a Potter movie.

But wait...you enjoyed all the Potter movies except for HBP. 

Also...ridiculous characters? Don't you mean Jar Jar?

• Like 1

Its a really charming film and shockingly it got an ovation here when it ended. I guess Canadians are digging the movie.

It actually seems like a nice, light, pleasant movie from the premise I saw. Maybe I'll check it out when it comes to Netflix.

• Like 1

Also...ridiculous characters? Don't you mean Jar Jar?

Jar Jar is not a ridiculous character. Jar Jar is a very poorly executed and hamfisted comic relief character. If they had toned down the accent and some antics by even just a little, he'd have been much better received.

I think this premature burial of HTTYD2 is pretty knee jerk. The world is a big place. Lets see how it does everywhere else first.And no I didnt like every Potter

For sure, but that is different then calling it a pile of dung. What specifically about Wall E made you go beyond being irritated to essentially considering it a pos.

It bored me.
  • Like 1