Olive

Weekend Est: 22JUMP 60.0M| HTTYD2 50.0M|Male 19.0M|EOT 16.1M|Fault 15.7M|DOFP 9.5M

Dreamworks is also inconsistent in quality, sometimes they make excellent animations in both the CGI and the quality, other times it's complete mediocrity.  

It's sad HTTYD2 has to suffer, it was a great movie.

To me, I think it's due to producing 3 films a year, other studios do well with just 1 or 2 and the quality is usually decent but with Dreamworks, I think the desire for the next franchise is actually hurting their box office potential and affecting the quality. Home looks terrible and the fact they're producing sequels and spin-offs to their past films doesn't sound to me like a company in good shape. The other problem which isn't a problem per say is that their budgets are high when the competition with the exception of Disney are producing animated films for under $100m but still look good and make money.

That was a clever and well done movie, which is what I've come to expect from Aardman movies.

Arthur Christmas was decent but not their best, that honour still belongs to Chicken Run. They've got Shaun the Sheep coming next and I'm hoping that Cat Burglar film they were developing comes in fruition.

• Like 1

It's all about the opening weekend! Don't you know that?

I know you're being sarcastic. But of course it's about the opening weekend. That's why are all glued to our computers on Friday night. We all watch opening weekends like hawks every summer. It's not gonna change because dragon's ow has the potential to be a little less than stellar. Not saying Dragon won't have great legs or anything because it most likely will. But it IS about the opening weekend. That's why we're here, lol.

• Like 2

Disney would have made HTTYD2 a musical...with everyone including dragons breaking into a song - fiery songs for big dragons, cute songs for tiny ones. And added a prince/princess angle. Telling you...blockbuster. :ph34r:

LOL now we're hating on Disney because they had a success with Frozen? 

• Like 1

Rth just posted in the HTTYD2 thread that he revised his numbers up to 21.5-24 for Dragons!24 would be awesome

Rth revised the numbers up when Nikki numbers is way low. It's too early to get drunk Nikki.
  • Like 2

Dreamworks is also inconsistent in quality, sometimes they make excellent animations in both the CGI and the quality, other times it's complete mediocrity.  

It's sad HTTYD2 has to suffer, it was a great movie.

DWA is receiving what they deserve. I mean, all of those years of bad/mediocre/generic animated movies has their consequences.

• Like 2

LOL now we're hating on Disney because they had a success with Frozen?

Yeah, given how animated movies go today...being a musical is hardly a reasonable complaint.Disney just spent a decade plus avoiding being a musical for the most part. I say..bring on more musicals.Ok, I can live with less princesses.
  • Like 1

Arthur Christmas was decent but not their best, that honour still belongs to Chicken Run. They've got Shaun the Sheep coming next and I'm hoping that Cat Burglar film they were developing comes in fruition.

Chicken Run's another good one.

Shaun The Sheep sounds promising, and given Aardman's track record, I have confidence it'll be quite good.

• Like 1

, dragonHard to know wiith R-rated coms day trade can be seriously all over the place(high extremes) see how evening progresses , yeah i had been for now thinking anything from 22-26 and dragon 18-21

Dragon 16.5-18,to get to say 19-20 it will have to have very strong evenings compared to normal it's not entirely out of the ? but not thinking it will atm22J 23-25 anything 25+ like Dragon require huge eveAs for anything else can't be fucked working it out atm Edited by Rth
  • Like 15

Dragon 16.5-18,to get to say 19-20 it will have to have very strong evenings compared to normal it's not entirely out of the ? but not thinking it will atm22J 23-25 anything 25+ like Dragon require huge eve

Ouch.......

• Like 1

Dragon 16.5-18,to get to say 19-20 it will have to have very strong evenings compared to normal it's not entirely out of the ? but not thinking it will atm22J 23-25 anything 25+ like Dragon require huge eveAs for anything else can't be fucked working it out atm

Annnnnd Rth just posted his second update! Thanks! :lol:

• Like 2

Dragon 16.5-18,to get to say 19-20 it will have to have very strong evenings compared to normal it's not entirely out of the ? but not thinking it will atm22J 23-25 anything 25+ like Dragon require huge eveAs for anything else can't be fucked working it out atm

Not too good for Dragon...maybe tomorrow can bring salvation...

• Like 2