Olive

Weekend Est: 22JUMP 60.0M| HTTYD2 50.0M|Male 19.0M|EOT 16.1M|Fault 15.7M|DOFP 9.5M

Why haven't we made any jokes over the fact Jason Mamoa is playing AQUAMAN

Because that was rumored MONTHS ago, and he seems to be a perfect Peter David Aquaman if there ever was one. I've been on the pro Momoa as Aquaman train for months - much much better choice than Damon as Aquaman IMO.

Posted Image

• Like 2

Because that was rumored MONTHS ago, and he seems to be a perfect Peter David Aquaman if there ever was one. I've been on the pro Momoa as Aquaman train for months - much much better choice than Damon as Aquaman IMO.

Posted Image

You can't start him with that damn spearhead right away though :P ... Momoa certainly won't make audiences think of Arthur of Atlantis as a dude who rides a sea horse through the ocean ... or something like that. 

Edited by Adam

You can't start him with that damn spearhead right away though :P ... Momoa certainly won't make audiences think of Arthur of Atlantis as a dude who rides a sea horse through the ocean ... or something like that. 

The spear shouldn't be necessary, I am talking more of the personality of the character. Momoa fits that Aquaman portrayal to a freaking T. The moment he was rumored, this was the only iteration of the character I could think of.

• Like 1

I'm only familiar with the current New52 Aquaman. For me it's the more quiet and personal side of Arthur that is the most enjoyable. I just don't think Momoa (and Snyder) could deliver that.Plus the blonde hair would look tacky.

• Like 1

The spear shouldn't be necessary, I am talking more of the personality of the character. Momoa fits that Aquaman portrayal to a freaking T. The moment he was rumored, this was the only iteration of the character I could think of.

I know. ;)

I'm only familiar with the current New52 Aquaman. For me it's the more quiet and personal side of Arthur that is the most enjoyable. I just don't think Momoa (and Snyder) could deliver that.Plus the blonde hair would look tacky.

I don't think that's what they're going to go with.  He'll be the bad ass type ... probably angry as fuck with Superman as well due to the events in the ocean in the previous film.

Oh and we have box office as well ... good for 22 Jump Street ... HTTYD ... hmm, should still get mid 50's ...

Edited by Adam

3. Fault Is In Our Stars (Fox – 3,273 Runs) Week 2
Friday $6.5M (-75%), Weekend $21.5M, Cume $87.4M
4. Maleficent (Disney – 3,623 Runs) Week 3 PG
Friday $6.1M (-40%), Weekend $21M, Cume $165.5M
5. Edge Of Tomorrow (Warner Bros – 3,505 Runs) Week 2 PG13
Friday $4.7M (-55%), Weekend $16.5M, Cume $57.0M

Nikki 

I don't think that's what they're going to go with.  He'll be the bad ass type ... probably angry as fuck with Superman as well due to the events in the ocean in the previous film.

Well that just sounds.... plain. I imagine Momoa will just be brooding and angry throughout the whole thing, great....

Well that just sounds.... plain.I imagine Momoa will just be brooding and angry throughout the whole thing, great....

I'm guessing they'll probably utilize the likes of Flash & Green Lantern for more of the back and forth humor and stuff ... at least based on how New 52 animation seems to be going ... a happy go lucky Aquaman might not be the best use of convincing the audience that Arthur Curry isn't a pussy. 

Edge of Tomorrow ... where is that going to reach ... 85-90 million.  It should have made so much more, IMO ... favorite film so far this year ... well, that and 22 Jump Street.  Oh well, it happens.

Edited by Adam
  • Like 1