Olive

Weekend Est: 22JUMP 60.0M| HTTYD2 50.0M|Male 19.0M|EOT 16.1M|Fault 15.7M|DOFP 9.5M

it's weird, but since The Watch he has been in nothing but quality.

Yeah, he's become one of those people I couldn't stand at first, but now he's become more and more tolerable with each movie he does. Who knew the guy who made Allen Gregory had talent?

I don't expect Dragon to have LEGO's outstanding OW multiplier. I'm just hoping it has a better multiplier than Deadline, BO, etc. expect and it lands closer to $60M.

Eventually, the most well-made, intelligent, creative, and heartfelt films are going to rise to the top.  They might not get there opening weekend, but eventually they will get there.  And the big budget scum like Amaz. Spidey-2 won't get there. 

Edited by Ando81
  • Like 1

I have a theory as to why Dragon opened lower then 22 Jump Street. I remember the first Dragon and most of my friends aka the young adult/university/college crowd went to see it and really loved it. 22 Jump Street aims straight at that demographic. If I had the choice between 22 Jump or Dragon I'd see 22 jump street first and go see Dragon whenever I got the time. I still want to see Dragon in theaters, but it's not a MUST SEE NOW movie whereas Jump is. Maybe other people feel the same? Hopefully this'll mean a long healthy box office run since Dragon is alone in competition for a month.

• Like 1

Flopping is actually a friendly word for what is happening over here to HTTYD2. But the heat killed everything. It would have done much better if this was a normal weekend.

Flopping is actually a friendly word for what is happening over here to HTTYD2. But the heat killed everything. It would have done much better if this was a normal weekend.

Are you talking about Portugal or the US? 

Are you talking about Portugal or the US? 

Portugal. It isn't bombing in America.

Hell, here it will open with less than shitty animation Underdogs that opened here 2 weeks ago and it will only reach America on January 2016.

Edited by CJohn

Portugal. It isn't flopping in America.

Yeah, it's the same in Finland. Summer is the dry season, box office wise. It's fucking cold the rest of the year so people want to enjoy the little warmth we get.