CJohn

Predator | 14th September, 2018 | Shane Black to Co-Write and Direct

33 minutes ago, Captain Craig said:

I'd be more excited if it wasn't an unnecessary reboot. 

Zero reason for it to be. 

I rarely complain about reboots simply because I know it's all about the studio wanting a new money-maker.

The odd part is that the Predator franchise is hardly a box office juggernaut. These movies typically have small multipliers.

Edited by NoobSaibot

4 minutes ago, babz06 said:

Pacific Rim 2 is also currently slated for Feb. one of them have to move.

Neither Fox, nor Universal are changing slots. February 2018 will resemble March 2017, with too many big-budget movies packing into a single month.

I think Deadpool and BVS have set an unwarranted trend. 

Edited by NoobSaibot

5 hours ago, Arlborn said:

A reboot? I thought it was a sequel.

Entertainment Weekly is reporting it as Reboot in the headline and opening sentence of the article. 

We may not know exactly what the titular extraterrestrial creature in filmmaker Shane Black’s franchise reboot The Predator is going to look like — but we do now have our first look at most of the film’s main (human) characters. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, grey ghost said:

Take the Predators concept of dropping off various warriors into a hunting zone but set it during the samurai era with warriors from across the planet dropped off.

I didn't like Predators due to weak execution but it had a couple of great ideas it wasted.

There is a lot to like about Predators actually, but I still haven't forgiven the trailer for promising this moment and not delivering:

giphy.gif

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Captain Craig said:

So Shane Black is not using the word Reboot? He's referring to it as a 3rd sequel, 4th installment?

I've not seen that, that pleases me. Have a link to an interview where that is brought up by chance? Thanks

On ‎2‎/‎18‎/‎2017 at 6:16 PM, NoobSaibot said:

Filming begins on Monday.

Seems to me he considers it #4.

• Like 2