CJohn

Predator | 14th September, 2018 | Shane Black to Co-Write and Direct

3 hours ago, marveldcfox said:

I have a feeling this is going to be the first massive misfire (critical & commercial) from Shane Black. Something about this project sounds off.

I think you're subconsciously aware of the Olivia Munn effect. Here's her current streak:

The Babymakers - 8% RT
Deliver Us From Evil - 28% RT
Mortdecai - 12% RT
Ride Along 2 - 14% RT
X-Men Apocalypse - 48% RT
Office Christmas Party - 41% RT

That's an average of 25% over 4 years and 6 movies. The last only good film she had any meaningful role in was Magic Mike.

5 minutes ago, Mikasa Ackerman said:

I think you're subconsciously aware of the Olivia Munn effect. Here's her current streak:

The Babymakers - 8% RT
Deliver Us From Evil - 28% RT
Mortdecai - 12% RT
Ride Along 2 - 14% RT
X-Men Apocalypse - 48% RT
Office Christmas Party - 41% RT

That's an average of 25% over 4 years and 6 movies. The last only good film she had any meaningful role in was Magic Mike.

@MrPink

2 hours ago, Rallax said:

?

Lego Batman beat 50SD.

Nope. 

Lego Batman made more on Saturday and Sunday, but 50 Shades won the opening week.

90% of the time, whoever wins the weekend also wins the week, but this was one of those times where it was different. Largely because of Valentines day, but also because of school. FSD won all five week days of the opening week. 

Edited by SophieSlut

6 minutes ago, SophieSlut said:

Nope. 

Lego Batman made more on Saturday and Sunday, but 50 Shades won the opening week.

90% of the time, whoever wins the weekend also wins the week, but this was one of those times where it was different. Largely because of Valentines day, but also because of school. FSD won all five week days of the opening week. 

Hey there welcome to the boards. :) That name though. :o

Edited by DMan7

4 hours ago, Arlborn said:

Well, I don't see Predator making more than Lego Batman and I can't see the last 50Shades making that less than the second one, so yeah.

I actually don't think Predator will gross over 100m DOM.

No film in the Predator franchise has grossed $100 million DOM. Not even the AVP movies.

I don't expect this one to break that trend, either.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

Wish there was at least one other women on the team. The guys in these kind of films become so unidentifiable/interchangeable.

We're already back to Smurfette syndrome. 8 guys, 1 woman. 

Well yeah we dont want a bunch of women running around complaining about broken nails. This is predator, its aimed towards manly men. 

12 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

Wish there was at least one other women on the team. The guys in these kind of films become so unidentifiable/interchangeable.

We're already back to Smurfette syndrome. 8 guys, 1 woman. 

Isn't it 2 women, 4 men and a boy?

Edited by Arlborn

1 hour ago, SophieSlut said:

Nope. 

Oh, I'm sorry.  I didn't see you said "week" not weekend.  

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Mikasa Ackerman said:

Obviously only one of them is token though. And if you can't figure out which one, you're clearly racist.

Why do white people always wanna dictate what's racist? I just find a cast devoid of any women and having one black token guy surrounded by 5-6 white men to be racist and sexist, given that this is a mainstream movie that is bound to catch the attention of people of all races and gender, it is not aimed to particular audience.

Edited by davincicode1

10 minutes ago, davincicode1 said:

Why do white people always wanna dictate what's racist? I just find a cast devoid of any women and having one black token guy surrounded by 5-6 white men to be racist and sexist, given that this is a mainstream movie that is bound to catch the attention of people of all races and gender, it is not aimed to particular audience.

I assume that Citizen Kane is racist too since it's a cast of white people.