CJohn

Predator | 14th September, 2018 | Shane Black to Co-Write and Direct

Thomas Jane gave out some plot details.

http://www.slashfilm.com/the-predator-plot/

Spoiler

“We play these veterans from like Afghanistan or the Iraq War or whatever. But we’re all fucking crazy so we go to the VA hospital to get our meds. We’re all like shellshocked, PTSD soldiers. We’re at the VA hospital and we’re in group therapy and of course, somebody flips out – this is backstory, I don’t think we really see this – somebody flips out and we all get arrested and get thrown onto the bus to go down to the hospital and they throw this other guy on the bus too.

And he’s a guy they’ve actually marked to kill him because he’s seen a UFO, he’s seen the Predator ships come down so they lock him up and throw him in with us lunatics. They’re going to take that bus, drive it down to a ditch and shoot us all just to get rid of this one guy. But, of course, we take the bus over and we’re all like ‘fuck that, man, let’s go kill these fucking Predators ourselves.’ And we’re just crazy enough to believe that this guy really did see a UFO and there’s these aliens out there. So that’s kinda cool!”

“You know the Predators, they looked…you know they didn’t fuck those up. They’re still Predators and they’re pretty much the same Predator as always.”

On 21/09/2017 at 11:26 PM, kitik said:

http://variety.com/2017/film/features/stacey-snider-21st-century-fox-first-year-1202563799/

I really like this part of the interview. Right in the middle of talking about the variety in the X-Men franchise right now (which I love), she mentions this:

Unexpected and utterly fresh is something I can get behind.

How is that fresh?

Didn't we get that in P2?

12 minutes ago, marveldcfox said:

Yeah....no. This hasn't shaped up well. Screenings at fox lot were extremely mixed. They are undergoing 3 weeks of reshoots to fix plot lines and remove some stuff that fans will no doubt hate. A Shane Black fiasco.

I saw on Mojo that The darkest Minds already has the September 14th date . Maybe they will move it up to summer.

29 minutes ago, KP1025 said:

This change doesn't make much sense. August wasn't that competitive as it is, and the new date is giving up summer weekdays.

Really? Mission Impossible, The Equalizer, and The Meg, all releasing within a week of Predator. The change is sensible.

3 minutes ago, Treeing Me Apart said:

Really? Mission Impossible, The Equalizer, and The Meg, all releasing within a week of Predator. The change is sensible.

I guess nothing really appears that big in August to me. It seems all of them could have co-existed, and only MI seems like a big enough film to pose a threat. I just don't know if it's worth giving up the summer boost.

• Thanks 1

The "summer boost" is really only applicable to kids movies, in my opinion. The fact that studios avoid September doesn't mean that September is a bad time to release a film. Studios put rubbish films in September, therefore September is full of rubbish films, therefore September must be a bad time to release movies because all the films do really badly. It's a self inflicting vicious circle thing.

Isn't this Predator meant to be R rated? Although either way it's still an adult oriented film, I really dont see the problem with moving out of summer.

It used to be that August was the awful time to release films right? Until Guardians of the Galaxy and Suicide Squad made 300M+ and now it's prime time release window...

11 minutes ago, Treeing Me Apart said:

The "summer boost" is really only applicable to kids movies, in my opinion. The fact that studios avoid September doesn't mean that September is a bad time to release a film. Studios put rubbish films in September, therefore September is full of rubbish films, therefore September must be a bad time to release movies because all the films do really badly. It's a self inflicting vicious circle thing.

Isn't this Predator meant to be R rated? Although either way it's still an adult oriented film, I really dont see the problem with moving out of summer.

It used to be that August was the awful time to release films right? Until Guardians of the Galaxy and Suicide Squad made 300M+ and now it's prime time release window...

I don't think there is ever really a bad time to release a good movie.

11 minutes ago, AndyK said:

I don't think there is ever really a bad time to release a good movie.

exactly. if a film appeals to an audience, it will appeal no matter what month it's released in. Whether people end up seeing it on weekdays or weekends it will still reach the same audience. I don't think it matters too much what time of year you release your film. competition is more important than date. 

11 minutes ago, Hades said:

War for the Planet of the Apes....:whosad:

it opened on the same weekend as the previous movie. It performed poorly because it was a dark film that appealed to very few people, it would have made those numbers whether it was released in february, september, july, october whenever.

2 hours ago, Treeing Me Apart said:

The Equalizer 2 will not do as well as the first one. 70 MAX

MEG could go either way. I don't see it becoming a phenom. 130 MAX

MI6 is the only one that has potential to do 250+

48 minutes ago, Treeing Me Apart said:

it opened on the same weekend as the previous movie. It performed poorly because it was a dark film that appealed to very few people, it would have made those numbers whether it was released in february, september, july, october whenever.

I think the main problem was that it offered nothing different to the previous one.