CJohn

Predator | 14th September, 2018 | Shane Black to Co-Write and Direct

3 hours ago, Arlborn said:

I'll never understand your problem with Fox.

Honestly, I'm with him in some fashion. If it doesn't make money, I doubt that it will be because of MI6 or Meg. The Predator franchise isn't a big moneymaker like the Alien films, and not one film (even the AVP films) has touched $200m WW. I think that this could make just a little more than Predators (2010), but that's it.

Edited by NoobSaibot
  • Like 1

On 3/10/2017 at 9:20 PM, NoobSaibot said:

Jake Busey has been cast. His father Gary played the role of Special Agent Peter Keyes in Predator 2. Maybe some sort of connection will be made between the two?

http://deadline.com/2017/03/jake-busey-the-predator-natasha-rothwell-simon-vs-the-homo-sapiens-agenda-1202040454/

That would be exceptional!

I'm also glad to see this not open around Black Panther. I'm much better with the new release date. MI:6 is going to be front loaded so the Predator audience will be there and I've not seen anything to indicate a Jason Statham led MEG is of concern just yet.

I'd wager the budget is $60-75m at most. Fox knows by now where the profit margins are on this series. 

On 24/04/2017 at 6:10 AM, marveldcfox said:

Bombs away. Releasing a week after MI6 and a week before MEG. Will get squashed. 

:winomg:

http://variety.com/2017/film/features/stacey-snider-21st-century-fox-first-year-1202563799/

I really like this part of the interview. Right in the middle of talking about the variety in the X-Men franchise right now (which I love), she mentions this:

We’ve got a “Predator” film coming out that is unexpected and utterly fresh. I just imagined that it would take 500 hours to read the script — that it would be interior jungle, exterior more jungle and then fighting happens, but Emma [Watts] went out and recruited Shane Black. From the first page, it didn’t read like a “Predator” film. It’s set in suburbia. There’s a little boy and his dad at the center of the action. 

Unexpected and utterly fresh is something I can get behind.

• Like 4