CJohn

Weekend Estimates | TF4 - 100M (Paramount sticking to 100M for the Wknd Est)| More Numbers on Page 1

I am glad it's above $100m, fudge or no fudge.

This year needed at least one for the summer.

Also, after all the trolling Maleficent worshipers keep doling out to all movies better than it, it's great an even worse movie is going to outgross it. Completely destroys the arguments they were flaunting.

BAY > Jolie. What's that? That's right. Nothing.

• Like 4

Also, after all the trolling Maleficent worshipers keep doling out to all movies better than it, it's great an even worse movie is going to outgross it. Completely destroys the arguments they were flaunting.

You don't know that for certain. For all we know T4's legs could be shit.

• Like 3

There's no guarantee AoE will even outgross Maleficent, it could continue the terrible legs trend.

I'm hoping Apes wins the summer though, that would be freshening.

• Like 2

What are you talking. I think you're getting it the wrong way round. 

There's no guarantee AoE will even outgross Maleficent, it could continue the terrible legs trend.

I'm hoping Apes wins the summer though, that would be freshening.

Yeah, Apes will win the Summer. (at least I hope it well)

Why do studios fudge numbers like this when they know the real ones will be out a day after? The whole thing seems kinda pointless to me.

I agree, but the headlines are usually just the estimates so they can talk about it on Monday.  By the time, the actuals come out, most outlets don't care any more :P

• Like 2

Why do studios fudge numbers like this when they know the real ones will be out a day after? The whole thing seems kinda pointless to me.

No They Are Claiming $100.038M as the actual

• Like 1

9th UPDATE, MONDAY, 8:30 AM;Despite other’s estimates, Paramount is still sticking to its $100M number and that is what it is going to report this morning: $100.038M

LOL

I will give Paramount credit for having Devastator-sized balls here. Edited by 4815162342
  • Like 4

Because the news on Sunday night and Monday morning report the estimates they do not report the real numbers that studio report on Monday afternoon. So when peeople watch the news they go "How that movie did huge this weekend. It must be a good movie. Maybe we should see next weekend to see what the fuss is about." 

• Like 5