CJohn

Weekend Estimates | TF4 - 100M (Paramount sticking to 100M for the Wknd Est)| More Numbers on Page 1

Remember how surprised we all were when they DIDN'T fudge Trans3mers over 100m? :rofl:

Maybe that's the reason they are fudging it. They didn't want the only Friday opener of the series to end up under the 3-day opening TF3, which had a Wednesday start and was coming off of the worst received film in the series.

That's all I got.

• Like 1

While I really don't give a damn about Paramount lying about its opening weekend gross (a studio being dishonest, how novel), $97 million would still put it on top of other film's 90 million openings this year. Plus it'll probably make over $100 million by the end of the day today anyway.

Well yeah, another entire day would help with that.

It's been awhile since I've hated a movie this bad.It's my first time though hating a movie this bad that I've never even seen. I don't EVER plan on seeing this movie.

The shenanigans are bad, but I doubt it'll stop me from seeing it. I love seeing gorgeous cars on the big screen (I'm that one guy that loved Need for Speed ffs!)

As far as I'm concerned, Paramount will eventually become The Capital......in about centuries from now. Just wait.

At this point Disney has a more realistic chance of becoming The Capital.

You all have to remember that the weekend the third movie opened was 4th of July weekend with the holiday falling on a Monday, so they didn't have to worry about "fudging" it over $100M since the 4-day weekend gave it a $100M+ opening minus the midweek bow since grosses were more spread out.

Transformers was their last cash cow and they've milked it dry. What else do they have? Viacom is one step behind once again. But what else is new.

lol... 98m dom / 300 ww in 3 days, with many territories still to be released is "milked dry"... c'mon people. 2m either way doesn't change the fact it's making a lot of money.