CJohn

Weekend Estimates | TF4 - 100M (Paramount sticking to 100M for the Wknd Est)| More Numbers on Page 1

Uh, this has happened many times before. Studios have done it before Paramount and will do after Paramount.

Everyone here must be new.

WHO CARES! It will beat Cap 100% anyway, it will lose to MJ 100% anyway, it changes NOTHING.

Plus, 97% in getting to a $97.76m gross, it still can make $100m technically so that statistic is stupid and proves nothing. It's not as if they have 99% in and it has grossed $70m.

Exactly.

It's not like they take some money from another movie to do this. It'd be another story if it broke any record. Why do people lost their shit over a round number is beyond me.

• Like 1

Al Gore didn't even ask for a recount when he won the popular vote and lost Florida when Bush's uncle said fuck off to a recount.

The motherfucking world could be different and the bastard just shrugged his shoulders. (or was paid off :ph34r: )

Paramount maybe fudged $2.3m from TF4's first week gross to its weekend. TF4 is still going to decline 30% from TF3. Mockingjay is still going to beat its OW by at least 50%. None of the $90m openers would have opened above TF4. No one in the world knows or cares about this either than the Deadline intern.

It's like people need to manufacture drama.

• Like 2

Irrespective of TF4's gross being over/under 100m, Paramount's estimates vs actuals difference is one of the lowest ever for a big gross. Another coincidence I guess :ph34r:. Their Sunday estimation ended up more accurate than the norm. Wonder what algorithm they used? ^_^ ^_^ Sony needs those algos after constant ASM2 and 22JS Sunday over-estimations.

So what's the worse fudge job, TF2 or TF4? I tend to lean slightly towards TF2, even though TF4's fudge was a higher percentage of the gross. TF2 fudged $1.8m to get to $200m in 5 days. TF4 fudged about $2m to get to $100m. But $200m in 5 days was (and still is) a much, much bigger deal than $100m in 3 days.

So what's the worse fudge job, TF2 or TF4? I tend to lean slightly towards TF2, even though TF4's fudge was a higher percentage of the gross. TF2 fudged $1.8m to get to $200m in 5 days. TF4 fudged about $2m to get to $100m. But $200m in 5 days was (and still is) a much, much bigger deal than $100m in 3 days.

I think Paramount's "oh wait, we found more money!" for TF2 makes it funnier. we haven't seen that for tf4 yet. so I only rate this fudge a 6.5/10.

• Like 5

Yes, reporting actuals and then finding more *money* is pretty tough to top.

LOL WB did this for Lego Movie a couple of times when Cap 2 passed it. It is pretty funny.

• Like 3

[T2 is] The best action film ever made.

Damn skippy. Why oh why did I only have to be fucking three when that came out in theaters?James Cameron should have directed Transformers. T2 James Cameron, not Avatar James Cameron. Edited by TServo2049